Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi: €10 off €50 coupon in Sindo

• 28-03-2014 4:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sunday Independent costs €2.xx on 30/03

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭crayon80

I hope there is a long expiry date! Wonder will Tesco take them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

crayon80 wrote: »

Why would tesco take aldi vouchers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

guil wrote: »
    Why would tesco take aldi vouchers?
    Tesco stated this to be the case, clearly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

crayon80 wrote: »

No they have only a few days
    I got the last ones redeemed the 10 voucher on the last day. It was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Remember you have to get the paper early. At christmas most shops were sold out at 10am around me and but Im sure it was due to the amazing journalism in the paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco stated this to be the case, clearly
    Really, is it all stores or just some? Have you a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/tesco-to-honour-rivals-discount-vouchers-in-push-to-win-shoppers-30051906.html

Tesco seem to be honouring Dunnes and Super Valu vouchers, not Aldi, if this article is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Its only Dunnes and Super Valu in selected stores ONLY. Mainly Dublin superstores and only a same few outside Dublin.

It is any Aldi, Lidl, Dunnes & Supervalu spend and save coupons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Why bother going to Tesco with your Aldi voucher as there poison dear. I switched to Aldi last year and returned to Tesco last week only to discover the same shopping cost 50 euros more..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Is this an actual €10 off voucher or just 20 50cent of vouchers for various things in the shop.

Is this an actual €10 off voucher or just 20 50cent of vouchers for various things in the shop.

The Sindo one's to date have all been a straight tenner off a €50 shop.

I note they have Bluetooth earphones on special offer next Thursday for €40 so this voucher can take a tenner off that if anyone was looking to get them.
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-3rd-april/products-detail-page/ps/p/bluetooth-earphones/

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Truckermal wrote: »
    Why bother going to Tesco with your Aldi voucher as there poison dear. I switched to Aldi last year and returned to Tesco last week only to discover the same shopping cost 50 euros more..:(

I have on several occasions used Tesco spend & save vouchers to buy phone credit so I wonder if Tesco allow the buying of phone credit with other supermarkets' vouchers?

kn wrote: »
    The Sindo one's to date have all been a straight tenner off a €50 shop.

Thats brilliant. How much is the paper?

Thats brilliant. How much is the paper?
    €2.xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

If it's like the Christmas ones there's instructions to present the coupon before putting any items through the till - a small number here were refused for handing it up afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

300806.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

styron wrote: »
    If it's like the Christmas ones there's instructions to present the coupon before putting any items through the till - a small number here were refused for handing it up afterwards.

Im sure they wouldnt be long about changing their tune if you threatened to walk out of the shop and leave the trolley full of groceries if they refused the voucher.

What's the expiry date of the coupon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

What's the expiry date of the coupon?

COB 6th April

• Registered Users Posts: 19 glanboy

• Will Tesco accept those vouchers. there is a sign in Tesco we will accept our competitors vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That is the burning question. It would be excellent if Tesco accepted it.

If aldi are cheaper why bother going to Tesco ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

LynnGrace wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/tesco-to-honour-rivals-discount-vouchers-in-push-to-win-shoppers-30051906.html

Tesco seem to be honouring Dunnes and Super Valu vouchers, not Aldi, if this article is correct.

This article only mentions Tesco accepting Dunnes and Super Valu vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Tesco are accepting these vouchers used mine today:):):) bought a second paper to get another one.

ted1 wrote: »
    If aldi are cheaper why bother going to Tesco ?

Because you can buy stuff you might need in Tesco that's not available in Aldi. For instance phone credit (as per my previous post).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

They were selling the sindo outside Aldi today - obviously trying to entice people to get over the €50 mark.

Seemed to be working though.

This was a great voucher. Thanks OP

My only problem was doing a shop for one person worth €50 to use the voucher. My sister had the same problem. So we combined our shopping to spend over €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

This was a great voucher. Thanks OP

My only problem was doing a shop for one person worth €50 to use the voucher. My sister had the same problem. So we combined our shopping to spend over €50.

I ended up getting a load of wine!! First world problem!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

highly1111 wrote: »
    I ended up getting a load of wine!! First world problem!!

I was going to suggest Aldi dark rum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Went to stop & get the indo today,the oh said "ah sure can't you get it on the way home - viola,all gone".:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

collie0708 wrote: »
    Tesco are accepting these vouchers used mine today:):):) bought a second paper to get another one.

That's great news as my big shop is in Tesco this week :) I also shop in Aldi Centra ( have 5 euro off 20 euro shop with them for this week) Lidi and Eurospar I get all the special offers in each one every week I am very lucky that I have all of these shops within a few minutes from my home so my trolley *Betty" will be in some use this week stock up time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭metroburgers

Seems to be no code on the voucher, so if it was photocopied I'm sure tesco would accept it too...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seems to be no code on the voucher, so if it was photocopied I'm sure tesco would accept it too...;)

Tesco might but Aldi won't, they state on the coupon that copies won't be accepted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Amouar

Davy wrote: »
    300806.jpg

Thanks.

Do you think that if I print it and take it to tesco they'll accept it? did anyone try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭metroburgers

Probably use this bargain alert to print!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Amouar wrote: »
    Thanks.

Do you think that if I print it and take it to tesco they'll accept it? did anyone try?

Why would they accept it? That's not the voucher

Let us know how you get on in Tesco :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

kn wrote: »
    Its only Dunnes and Super Valu in selected stores ONLY. Mainly Dublin superstores and only a same few outside Dublin.

That gives another reason to boycott Dunnes and Supervalue. They're basically saying that they'll accept Aldi vouchers in Dublin but if you live in a more rural area then you can take a running jump. It's an underhanded tactic IMO, if they're going to admit that Aldi have better vouchers than they do they should at least accept them in all outlets in the country.

Aldo & Lidl are running rings around Dunnes, Supervalue and Tesco at the moment and they're opening more stores all the time. I think it is almost a given now that the quality of fruit and veg in Aldi is far better than Tesco and it comes at a much cheaper price. Tesco have been supplying us with substandard produce for years and now people are beginning to cop on that they are being had by shopping there.

Full-page Tesco ad in yesterday's Sindo seems to suggest that they're now accepting competitors' spend & save vouchers in all Tesco stores (except Tesco Express).

Quackster wrote: »
    Full-page Tesco ad in yesterday's Sindo seems to suggest that they're now accepting competitors' spend & save vouchers in all Tesco stores (except Tesco Express).
    Already news a month ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057159317

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Quackster wrote: »
    DSCN9266.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Probably use this bargain alert to print!!
    001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

If it was in the independant it can't be true!

Eh, no. As per that thread, up to now Tesco have only accepted them in some (mainly Dublin) stores.

• Advertisement
Advertisement