Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest piece recommendations

• 28-03-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone :D

I was wondering if those of you with some experience in this area could help me out.

I'm looking into getting a chest piece. I've the idea I want in my head, and I'm starting to put it onto paper. So I was wondering if there are any artists in Galway that have really good experience or are just really talented artists? However if someone knows lf a really good artist in another part of the country, I wont rule them out :D

I wont be getting it for about 6 months when I have the money put together because I know that it'll be pretty expensive. So in the meantime I want to do as much research on the artists that I can before I go ahead. And I'll probably go and ask around and go more into detail with the artists when I have the design done out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Good man doing some research and not just jumping into it.

There are some good artists in Galway and all over the country.

What is the piece you are planning on getting? Who people will recommend all depends on the style of the piece you want as every artist is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Good man doing some research and not just jumping into it.

There are some good artists in Galway and all over the country.

What is the piece you are planning on getting? Who people will recommend all depends on the style of the piece you want as every artist is different.

Yeah, I definitely want to make sure that I'm 100% happy with the artist, design and everything else that needs to be considered. I want it to be done right, seeing as it'll be my first tattoo.

So I'm thinking of black and white with shading. Old type script/caligraphy for the words. And ideally someone whos good with doing city portraits or good with straight lines. Its a pretty simplistic idea, but the design with probably be trickier.

Its basically a city scape (hope thats the right word), as in a picture of a city, taken from a distance. Clouds above the city. 2 words over the clouds. And one word under the city image. They tie in with the theme of the city. Its hard to explain it when its still in my head :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hmmm I'm thinking you will want someone to do it realistic?

In Galway have a look at

Galway Bay Tattoo

Also check out

Dark Raptor Tattoo and Robert Litcan in there. Based in Killkenny.

JMD Tattoo in Waterford both Ian Flynn and Joe Myler put out some nice work.

In Cork have a look at

Smiley Dogg Tattoo and Charles Hurmann in there.

ADHD Tattoo in Cork also put out some amazing work

In Dublin have a look at

Remis Cizauskas
    Skin City, Pawel in there
    Re inkarnated, Michal in there
    Colourworks, Marcin in there
    Hydraulix Tattoo, Tomash B in there.
    Wildcat ink south
    Wildcat ink north both of these just search for Wildcat on google and south and north if on facebook.

That will give ya enough to research for starters :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Hmmm I'm thinking you will want someone to do it realistic?

In Galway have a look at

Galway Bay Tattoo

Also check out

Dark Raptor Tattoo and Robert Litcan in there. Based in Killkenny.

JMD Tattoo in Waterford both Ian Flynn and Joe Myler put out some nice work.

In Cork have a look at

Smiley Dogg Tattoo and Charles Hurmann in there.

ADHD Tattoo in Cork also put out some amazing work

In Dublin have a look at

Remis Cizauskas
    Skin City, Pawel in there
    Re inkarnated, Michal in there
    Colourworks, Marcin in there
    Hydraulix Tattoo, Tomash B in there.
    Wildcat ink south
    Wildcat ink north both of these just search for Wildcat on google and south and north if on facebook.

Thanks for all the help Marty!

Gonna take a look at all of them and then research who I think fits in with what I want. Im spolied for choice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

If you're willing to travel (although there's a good chance he might be coming back to the Galway convention this September), Justin Burnout in Ghost House Collective in the UK does really good black and grey stuff but the chest piece calligraphy he does is brilliant I think.

For black and grey stuff in Galway Steve is your man. Think one or two of the lads in ink fingers are pretty good too but can't remember which.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

+1 on wildcat, Ive been getting a large scale piece worked on by atilla in the green. I have to say his work is top notch. He actually took over the piece. Detail in his work is amazing and he's a quality guy too. I've seen a lot of work from Kris in progress and complete... I have to say they are all great. May be worth the journey. ;)

Advertisement