Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Adapter undetected

Options
  • 28-03-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

Bought a new bundle for my system and now I'm trying to get my internet connection working but the network adapter seems to be undetected in my Device Manager. Any ideas on what to do? I have already installed from the CD and tried to install updates from the website but I don't know how to work those out as they are in .dat,.dll,.sys files.

Adapter is Pro N Wireless Adapter from ASUS, PCE-N13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Uninstall any firewall software you are running and then install the adapter. If all is ok then reinstall the firewall s/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

degsie wrote: »
    Uninstall any firewall software you are running and then install the adapter. If all is ok then reinstall the firewall s/w.

I have no firewall installed or have disabled the windows firewall. Still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

A new Bundle as in a new OS? sorry but i'm a bit slow today haha

STEINBERG wrote: »
    A new Bundle as in a new OS? sorry but i'm a bit slow today haha

No, new bundle included motherboard, cpu, ram and third party cooler. No new OS was bought. Used the previous disks I had for my last PC build.

When you scan for new hardware are you at least getting a question mark or yellow caution icon on the Lan adapter?

• Advertisement

STEINBERG wrote: »
    When you scan for new hardware are you at least getting a question mark or yellow caution icon on the Lan adapter?

Yellow Caution

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Yellow Caution

Can you do a reboot to get into the Bios and make sure the adapter is enabled!! My apologies now again but is it just the wireless adapter or you have no network access whatsoever even hard wired?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Advertisement