Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level Accounting

• 28-03-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi :)

I'm doing ordinary level accounting for the leaving cert and I am aiming for an A1 in it.

About half of the class are doing ordinary level but the teacher spends her time predominantly with the higher level students.

This has meant we ordinary level people have not had much class time. We do have some classes with the teacher teaching ordinary level but the exam is getting closer and closer and I still don't know enough of the course!

I am basically trying to teach myself 'Cash budgeting' (Q9). The teacher did help us with production budgeting and I know how to do them inside out! Is there anywhere online that demonstrates how to do this question? I have an accounting book but to be honest i find it ridiculously hard to understand. I have tried learning how to do it with the marking scheme but I can't figure out where some numbers come from!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 shedu

Which numbers are you having difficulty with in the 2013 paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 perthree

Hi,

I've been able to figure out some of it but I am stuck at 'Cash for payments' its under the heading payments.

LC 2013 Ordinary Question 9
    Cash for Purchases figures
    Purchases are paid one month after purchase so
    June : 49,000 is the creditors figure we are given at 01/06/2013
    July : 50,000 is the 38,000 June credit purchases plus the 12,000 July cash purchase
    August : 15,800 is the 27,800 July purchases less the 12,000 July cash purchase
    September : 34,300 is the August credit purchases
    October : 41,900 is the September credit purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 18 perthree

Thanks a million :D

No prob. Any other probs with question 9 any other years, just post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement