Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband & Carrier Line

Options
  • 28-03-2014 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently just contacted Eircom for the nth time about getting our carrier line being upgraded and was told they are currently in the process of dealing with this legacy issue but it could be 3-6 months. 

So do I wait those 3-6 months in the hope I can be privileged enough to get a very basic service in this day and age.

Can someone from Eircom contact me as soon as possible to rectify this issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I have recently just contacted Eircom for the nth time about getting our carrier line being upgraded and was told they are currently in the process of dealing with this legacy issue but it could be 3-6 months. 

So do I wait those 3-6 months in the hope I can be privileged enough to get a very basic service in this day and age.

Thanks
    Hi TwistedPixel88

I've been informed that In most cases carrier lines cannot be upgraded to be able to hold broadband and eircom cannot offer broadband to this type of line.

If a line can be upgraded the duration could take a couple of months however for further information on this you will need to contact our customer care team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭TwistedPixel88

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi TwistedPixel88

I've been informed that In most cases carrier lines cannot be upgraded to be able to hold broadband and eircom cannot offer broadband to this type of line.

If a line can be upgraded the duration could take a couple of months however for further information on this you will need to contact our customer care team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply. 

I am aware that broadband cannot be installed on a carrier line but this is a legacy issue with Eircom, some if not all of my neighbors have access to broadband service. 

So why should I pay the same line rental for half the service?

I have been talking to the customer care team who told me exactly what you told me. What process do Eircom go through in deciding which lines get upgraded and which don't?

I would just like a defensive answer with an explanation, not just it will probably take a few months to deal with this. 

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi TwistedPixel88

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply. 

I am aware that broadband cannot be installed on a carrier line but this is a legacy issue with Eircom, some if not all of my neighbors have access to broadband service. 

So why should I pay the same line rental for half the service?

I have been talking to the customer care team who told me exactly what you told me. What process do Eircom go through in deciding which lines get upgraded and which don't?

I would just like a defensive answer with an explanation, not just it will probably take a few months to deal with this. 

Regards
    Hi TwistedPixel88

The line rental charge is a charge solely for phone line rental and does not include broadband. There are extra charges for broadband which will not be applied unless you have broadband. Unfortunately not al lines can hold broadband and I'm afraid eircom cannot offer you broadband. It is specified within eircoms terms and conditions of service that broadband cannot be guaranteed.

I will be unable to change this position however if you wish to make a complaint you can do so by contacting accounts on 1901.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement