Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vouching Affidavit of Means - query

Options
  • 28-03-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I filed my own divorce in Circuit Court. I applied for legal aid and am waiting for a solicitor - I couldn't wait because of emotional/financial abuse.

In the interim I am amending my Affidavit of Means. I understand the general idea of "vouching" - providing bank statements, P60s, tax returns etc. I am not looking for legal advice - just an explanation of the level of detail to provide. So hypothetically, if you claim you spend €100 per week on food and €50 on diesel do you have to provide your grocery and diesel receipts? If so, is there a standard number of weeks to provide?

I want to start putting my supporting documents together in case there is a significant delay with legal aid. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lostdad

Statements and P60's etc only. As long as your claimed living expenses are realistic, you don't have to provide receipts. It would help to file one of each utility bill tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Terry101

Thank you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If possible start paying for your shopping and petrol with your debit card. Then it'll be on your bank statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Terry101

Good tip - thank you!

Advertisement