Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can a 2004 Ford van pull a horse box

Options
  • 28-03-2014 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I'm renting a 16.01 horse called mia and I'm buying the horse in August and I am going to alot of shows this year on the horse and I was wondering could a 2004 Ford van pull a horse box . Bye the way it's a horseback for two horses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

What engine size is the van?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Is it a transit van? or a connect?

Transit with >2.5 litre engine should be fine. Connect might be a bit light and underpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ilovhorses123

fits wrote: »
    Is it a transit van? or a connect?

Transit with >2.5 litre engine should be fine. Connect might be a bit light and underpowered.

Yes it's a transit van thanks for your comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Transit will have no problem. Used to do it for years. Had quite a nice setup in the van for staying overnight .
    You dont say how much towing experience you have . So just be warned that Van+Box is long. And if your new to towing with a van , being windowless can take a bit of getting used to .
    Turning into gates or taking corners in towns means you have to go that bit wider.

Advertisement