Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Aston Villa Match thread 29/03/2014 BT1

• 28-03-2014 7:46pm

7th v 12th in the early clash of the day.

The game being overshadowed by fans hiring a plane to tow a protest banner against Moyes

David-Moyes-3296065.jpg

Team news
    Nemanja Vidic is available after suspension for Manchester United, but fellow defenders Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans remain doubts with respective hamstring and calf problems.

Striker Robin van Persie is still sidelined with a knee injury.

Aston Villa midfielder Karim El Ahmadi is struggling to overcome the thigh strain he suffered against Stoke.

Andreas Weimann was also substituted in the first half of that game with a dead leg but is expected to be fit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

21ew2v9.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Neither team is flying so its plane to see that Utd have the opportunity to propel themselves back into the Europa league spots

Bj1UIBMIYAEcan0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Could they not wait until Bayern lift our skirts before they do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jesus lads, this could get a bit turbulent.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Jesus lads, this could get a bit turbulent.

Yep. Fasten your seat belts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Liverpool fans starting Utd threads is a strange trend.

brevity wrote: »
    Liverpool fans starting Utd threads is a strange trend.

a bit loop-'d'-loop all alright.

I'm here all week :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

With utds season yet to take off, a point for Villa could be on the radar here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

With utds season yet to take off, a point for Villa could be on the radar here!

if I got a Euro for everytime I have read that in last hour:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I feel Moyes could die hard too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You could hire a plane? :pac:

You could afford to fly first class?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You could hire a plane? :pac:

I could purchase a Bazuka and down both planes:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hopefully we won't see another rudderless performance from the red devils.

I hate myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Moyes' position is still up in the air after the soar spot left by Man City earlier in the week :pac:

This is Boeing to be a tough match for united.

At least both teams will get parachute payments if relegated!

Rival fans wait anxiously at the airport

RPG1_test_firing_by_Nikali2142.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

That's absolutely ridiculous, Moyes is doing well and Ferguson personally chose the guy. Football fans are so fickle these days. All they need is the slightest reason to complane.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hopefully the last match Moyes manages, sick of him winging it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well at last there'll be an aerial presence for all the crosses from wings.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Aeroplane.

If this doesn't go wright for Moyes, I fear it could be all Orville for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

I can understand the fans' frustration. To lose by 3 goals at home to a team that traditionally you'd expect to beat. Especially annoying after the 2 previous games being wins that suggested a return to form. It's been such an inconsistent season with big players often going missing.

But still you have to remember the team he inherited and how much it has to changed.

Still I hope we can beat Utd tomorrow, Lambert in!!!

Patser wrote: »
    I can understand the fans' frustration. To lose by 3 goals at home to a team that traditionally you'd expect to beat. Especially annoying after the 2 previous games being wins that suggested a return to form. It's been such an inconsistent season with big players often going missing.

But still you have to remember the team he inherited and how much it has to changed.

Still I hope we can beat Utd tomorrow, Lambert in!!!

What have you made of your season? Been bit all over the place has it?

Especially after decent opening few games I expected little better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So then back to the game....

Villa have looked good at times I've watched them, the inconsistently must be hard to take

United have nothing to play for and Bayern in 3 days will probably see some players rested

Could go either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe it will all come wright for Moyes, but I don't think things will take off for him.

This thread is really taking off now!

efb wrote: »
    Maybe it will all come wright for Moyes, but I don't think things will take off for him.

You robbed my joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

What have you made of your season? Been bit all over the place has it?

Especially after decent opening few games I expected little better.

It's the inconsistency that's been annoying this year - and not even just game to game, the team seems to switch on/off from half to half. But given that the last 2 seasons have seen us right in a relegation dog fight at this late the stage, the current relative breathing space is nice.

Lambert is rebuilding an entire squad of youngsters on a very tight budget and has found some great bargains. But it is some climb down from the O'Neill era when money was free flowing and champions league was the target.

Villa could serve as a warning to Utd fans. We've a wealthy American owner that was happy to spend the cash when champions league money was the target but when we failed to get there over a few seasons, he wasn't shy about cutting spending and lowering expectations. It's a business to Lerner and the Glazers - not a vanity, pride project like Chelsea or City to their megarich owners.

If Utd fail to stay in the big money tournaments the Glazers could make deep cuts. Just a warning but that's what we've seen at Villa over the last 4 season's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I wonder whether Moyes will rest players with Munich in mind or has the pressure risen to a point where he can't afford the risk of an upset.

Patser wrote: »
    It's the inconsistency that's been annoying this year - and not even just game to game, the team seems to switch on/off from half to half. But given that the last 2 seasons have seen us right in a relegation dog fight at this late the stage, the current relative breathing space is nice.

Lambert is rebuilding an entire squad of youngsters on a very tight budget and has found some great bargains. But it is some climb down from the O'Neill era when money was free flowing and champions league was the target.

Villa could serve as a warning to Utd fans. We've a wealthy American owner that was happy to spend the cash when champions league money was the target but when we failed to get there over a few seasons, he wasn't shy about cutting spending and lowering expectations. It's a business to Lerner and the Glazers - not a vanity, pride project like Chelsea or City to their megarich owners.

If Utd fail to stay in the big money tournaments the Glazers could make deep cuts. Just a warning but that's what we've seen at Villa over the last 4 season's.

Im glad you saw my post between the amount of crap:pac:

I think last week kinda summed up Villa season a bit for me. Im glad though that you see what Lambert has at his disposal.

I agree with you on Glazers. Could be rough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not looking forward to this game. Have a feeling United are going to absolutely maul Villa. Could be 5 or 6

Any chance we can talk about the game?

No?

ok.........

Yes,

It's almost a nothing game for Utd in some ways. The CL is the main tie left for them and they are bound to have one eye on that.

Villa are probably safe enough, maybe another win.

Hard to know what way the game will go. If Utd had any sort of consistancy and plan on the you'd back them everytime in this fixture. These days however, you just couldn't imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Planes? Things sure have changed since the 80s.

300643.png

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    Not looking forward to this game. Have a feeling United are going to absolutely maul Villa. Could be 5 or 6

Honestly if any team is gonna win 5-0 it aint Man United.

2-0 would be as good as it gets for us.

Trust me ye have nothing to fear, sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Who is Tara Fergie, sounds hot.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yes,

It's almost a nothing game for Utd in some ways. The CL is the main tie left for them and they are bound to have one eye on that.

Villa are probably safe enough, maybe another win.

Hard to know what way the game will go. If Utd had any sort of consistancy and plan on the you'd back them everytime in this fixture. These days however, you just couldn't imo.

Ya season is over alright.

I took 9/1 during week on Villa. Way too big the way United play at home.

Ya season is over alright.

I took 9/1 during week on Villa. Way too big the way United play at home.

Nice odds, best you'll get now is 15/2

Draw the worst result for you so!

#fergieout

• Advertisement

Phil Jones when he sees the Plane

da da daaaaaaaaaaaaa

PhilJones9_33_620x_1707047a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

wouldn't be at all surprised to see Villa getting a draw out of this. Benteke is the type of player capable of causing us all sorts of problems, and for whatever reason we are incapable of any creativity at Old Trafford this season. Probably be a 1-1 or 2-2, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Will we take the match discussion here?

Thought it was gonna be the United Superthread :pac:...you know like that's where some of ye disappear to when sh*t hits the fan in the match threads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Will prob do no good but, temp closed so I can do some spring cleaning, pains me to see all these Birmingham fans trying to get a rise out of the Villa fans in this thread, leave it out lads and lets just discuss the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Con air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

ricero wrote: »
    Con air

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Thought it was gonna be the United Superthread :pac:...you know like that's where some of ye disappear to when sh*t hits the fan in joins the match threads

FYP Good Sir :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3-2 to United,if Rio plays we are bollixed.In his own words Benteke will "merk" him.

Thought I'd entered the Liverpool thread at first with them all posting here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This should be a decent match, runway or another.

• Advertisement
Advertisement