Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Aston Villa Match thread 29/03/2014 BT1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

On replay Mata didn't even go for the ball just threw himself into the tackle. Stupid attempt by Bacuna but cynical by Mata, had a chance to score and looked for peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The only bad thing about that penalty was Michael Owen's description of it.

I thought his "WOW" was very...............erm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Patser wrote: »
    On replay Mata didn't even go for the ball just threw himself into the tackle. Stupid attempt by Bacuna but cynical by Mata, had a chance to score and looked for peno

Good try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

What enjoyment could you possibly get from a post like that?

Banter, mate, banter.

Jeez, you lads are so bitter.....I'll leave ya's to it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mata did a Chop back with the ball? I dunno if you're serious or what.

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Banter, mate, banter.

LOL M8 TOP BANTER. SUPER LOLS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Liam O wrote: »
    Good try.

****, now people are obsessed by rugby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Banter, mate, banter.

I'm bitter?? About what?

spiralism wrote: »
    Take no joy in being ahead right now tbh

Why not?

Surely this game wasn't gonna make or break Moyes anyway. He'll be there until season end regardless I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gabby and Weimann shocking again. There'll come a time when they can't continuously have 2 unperforming players on the pitch at the same time.

Look at it from the angle behind, Mata lets the ball go through his legs and steps into the tackle. Faked to kick it but dummied it instead and looked for peno. It was a peno but that's because he looked for it, he sized up to kick it but chose to take the tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The Michael Owen bashing is tiresome. He's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Mata did a Chop back with the ball? I dunno if you're serious or what.

Commentators also saying that he missed it, didn't touch the ball.

Look at it from the angle behind, Mata lets the ball go through his legs and steps into the tackle. Faked to kick it but dummied it instead and looked for peno. It was a peno but that's because he looked for it, he sized up to kick it but chose to take the tackle

Are you serious? He tried the chop back and then was cleaned. That was as 100% of a peno as I have ever seen in all my days.

Take no joy in being ahead right now tbh
    You come across as a truly joyless person. You need to buy an Abba album and run yourself a nice warm bubble bath.

Pighead wrote: »
    You come across as a truly joyless person. You need to buy an Abba album and run yourself a nice warm bubble bath.

"the winner takes it all, the loser has to fall" #moyesout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just as well someone knows.....
    And this result will move united from 7th up to..........7th!

Season over.

As pish and all as we've been this year, we still seem to be the measuring stick for some of you lot. Says it all really.

Derp, he touched the ball inside and the 4th or 5th late tackle from Bacuna this game caught him.

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Are you serious? He tried the chop back and then was cleaned. That was as 100% of a peno as I have ever seen in all my days.

Not denying it was a peno, and said it was stupic by Bacuna. Just pointing out the Mata seemed to chose to be tackled and let the ball go (or missed). As I said commentators mentioned it on replay that he missed it. But it was a peno. So stupid by Bacuna, threw himself into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

You watch much football? Probably soccer to you

The Michael Owen bashing is tiresome. He's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Would you go on the beer with him,he's almost as bad as Niall Quinn to listen to.

Hargreaves on the pitch at OT? that'll be a new experience for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Not denying it was a peno, and said it was stupic by Bacuna. Just pointing out the Mata seemed to chose to be tackled and let the ball go (or missed). As I said commentators mentioned it on replay that he missed it. But it was a peno. So stupid by Bacuna, threw himself into it.

He knew the shot wasn't on so was going to pull it back, probably hoping for either the tackle or getting space for the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Actually hope Villa snatch a draw, i can't be ****ed listening to how this is false dawn #29 until we get the pumping of our lives on tuesday. I'd rather a crap result here too and more pressure on the clueless one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Corholio wrote: »
    Gabby and Weimann shocking again. There'll come a time when they can't continuously have 2 unperforming players on the pitch at the same time.

Weimann's regression this season has been startling. Looked such a promising talent last season.

Back four have been awful too

zerks wrote: »
    Would you go on the beer with him,he's almost as bad as Niall Quinn to listen to.
    That's the point. Almost as bad. I could name ten co-commentators he is almost as bad as yet it's Owen who seems to get the most abuse. Alan Smith for example bores me to absolute tears yet rarely gets mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

He's no David Pleat

Are there any good co-commentators?

That's the point. Almost as bad. I could name ten co-commentators he is almost as bad as yet it's Owen who seems to get the most abuse. Alan Smith for example bores me to absolute tears yet rarely gets mentioned.

Yeah Owen's not terrible, he's just pretty dull, to the suprise of absolutely nobody with Owen being the dullest sporting character possibly ever.

He's no Quinn in fairness, anytime he's on im close to switching channels.

And on the flipside, Ray Hudson commentating on La Liga gets on my tits for the totally opposite reason, Barca string two passes together and he turns into the late Sid Waddel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Liamalone wrote: »

Andy Gray
    Ray Hudson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Actually hope Villa snatch a draw, i can't be ****ed listening to how this is false dawn #29 until we get the pumping of our lives on tuesday. I'd rather a crap result here too and more pressure on the clueless one.

No matter what happens today we're on a hiding to nothing on Tuesday. The one thing I'm slightly optimistic about is that while we're not playing well at least most of the players look like they give a fúck.

Neville with Tyler works very well.

Now it's no Trevor Welch and Mark Lawrenson but still :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I have to say I do think he's pretty much the worst. I'm listening to Chris Waddle doing co-commentary. The man can't even say the word "penalty" correctly but I'd rather listen to him than Michael Owen. He's just got a terrible voice and provides no insight at all. One or the other you could deal with but not both!

Big worry for Utd second half is their back four. Vidic is having another stinker (three basic errors in first half as well as getting easily brushed off the ball by Benteke) and the two full backs are a late tackle away from being sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

And this result will move united from 7th up to..........7th!

Season over.

With our run in we're likely to get fifth which would be incredibly flattering actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ray Tracey was the man.

At least Ray "I'd be better suited commentating on snooker" Wilkins isn't commentating any more.

Raf off,Carrick on at CB.Jones gone to RB.

thelad95 wrote: »
    No matter what happens today we're on a hiding to nothing on Tuesday. The one thing I'm slightly optimistic about is that while we're not playing well at least most of the players look like they give a fúck.

That's the worry, it'll be overlooked even if they put seven past us because our standards have been lowered so much. Now being ahead at halftime against Villa and the players looking bothered is something to shout about :(

Would rather they didn't too, it's just more fuel to buy Moyes time and have the false dawn brigade back in town with some delusion until tuesday night

Whoever the commentator on my stream (nbcsn) keeps going on about guzman. Always does my head in that he can't even bother the players names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Young is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Andy Gray and Martin Tyler

They were the voice of the Premiership and still the best IMO

Oh Jesus Benteke!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Well that's a hell of a miss.

How did he miss that

What was Rooney at there?

Lmao @ Rooney getting shot by sniper

Giggs, Januzaj, Nani, Welbeck and Hernandez the remaining subs. No defensive options left at all.

Jesus christ that is one of the worst misses i have ever seen in my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Why was Rooney booked for that dive?

Advertisement