Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Spurs. Sun March 30th KO 16:00 SS1

• 28-03-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Title challenging Liverpool entertain underachieving Spurs on Sunday where a loss is out of the question for both teams.

Spurs will be desperate to avenge the 5-0 mauling handed out by Liverpool in the reverse fixture in December. Tim Sherwood welcomes back defender Michael Dawson(ooo scary) to the side but looks like he will have to rely on Roberto Soldado(even scarier) as Emanuel Adebayor looks like he could be sidelined with an achilles injury. Gareth Bale continues to be left out of the squad for reasons unknown.

Liverpool will be aiming for 8 wins on the bounce as they try to keep their title aspirations alive. Brendan Rodgers will again have a full strength squad to pick from with Jose Enrique the only absentee. There might be a small chance that Steven Gerrard could be on the bench as he is one yellow card away from an untimely suspension. The only other position up for grabs will be the number 10 role which has seen Raheem Sterling and Philippe Coutinho trade starting roles in recent weeks.

Prediction 1-0 win to Liverpool.

Comments

aiming for 8 wins on the bounce no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    aiming for 8 wins on the bounce no?

Correct and right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

hopefully its plane sailing all the way this weekend for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I want to see some sense applied here - Erikson needs to be watched - easily the player most likely to create a moment. Lucas back in the side please with Hendo as the runner, starting Sterling would be my preference as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

mike65 wrote: »
    I want to see some sense applied here - Erikson needs to be watched - easily the player most likely to create a moment. Lucas back in the side please with Hendo as the runner, starting Sterling would be my preference as well.

Yeah Sterling had a stormer in the reverse fixture at White Hart Lane. Destroyed Naughton who should be playing again on Sunday. Although we didn't play a diamond that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson and Allen could be as important as Suarez and Sturridge on Sunday. At WHL they didn't give Spurs midfield a second on the ball, if the two of them play like that again, I can see a Liverpool win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Queue the Soldado hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

High scoring game....74-7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really hoping Adebayor isn't fit for it...exactly the type of player who could hurt us. Otherwise, i think we should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Wow.

2 match threads.

'Imposter thread' over here:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057176653

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Sherwood goes with the high defensive line tomorrow he's going to be made a fool of again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If Sherwood goes with the high defensive line tomorrow he's going to be made a fool of again

He'll look even more foolish if he shows up tomorrow when the game's on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »

Erikson is it? :D Unless gerrard is on the bench lucas wont start, gerrard has lucas position sewn up since hes started there, and we all know a gerrard/lucas midfield does not work. I would agree sterling should start wide with suarez/sturridge alternating on the other wing. Lucas/allen/hendo played the last spurs game so maybe resting gerrard could be a shout but would be surprised if true.

Nervous as always, wouldnt mind a re shuffle of the back line tbh.

Turtyturd wrote: »

I just got that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

As a Liverpool fan, I hope we win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I just got that :(

I'm still waiting for the penny to drop:(

I'm still waiting for the penny to drop:(

Just think of marmite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Heading over via Belfast in the morning this game has become even more important now. I really hope we don't panic or let crowd tension get on top of players.
    Spurs I think will be really fired up firstly for revenge and secondly its probably their last shot at top four. Just hope Liverpool start fast as usual and forwards are on form, I will otherwise Be bricking it while screaming obscenities at Sherwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mother of **** this is a huge game now.

Gonna be some craic in Anfield tomorrow.
    Unless we lose. Then it'll be a bit ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

**** just got real!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I've a cardiologist appointment on Monday so I think I might have to give this game a miss.

I wonder will there be option to tick "Liverpool Fan" on the patient form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

1-3 spuds win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Tottenham are coming to Anfield tomorrow

w95a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2-0 Liverpool. Suarez and Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

With Tactics Tim in charge I don't see Spurs getting anything out of this game. Liverpool to go top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Spurs definately have it in them to cause an upset here, but my head says Liverpool will exploit the same backline deficiencies as Southampton did last week.

Liverpool 3-1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    hopefully its plane sailing all the way this weekend for Liverpool.
    Turtyturd wrote: »

:confused::confused::confused:

What's with the plane gags?

Anyway, I'm fairly confident ahead of tomorrow. 5-2 I reckon.
    Might start getting a bit worried if Bale makes an appearance for the spuds. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

No predictions from me.

another massive 90mins of football with the added incentive of todays results on top.

come on red men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Lapin wrote: »

What's with the Bale gag? :pac::D

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant plain sailing, I don't know what the plane puns are about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll take a draw. Chelsea are pish and won't be able to park the bus after today, City can be got at as well. So one point will do tomorrow (three would be nice I'm not being greedy though). So then 1-1 at FT. Happy enough. Really.

*ahem*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Do you live under a rock?

Milkers wrote: »
    Do you live under a rock?

Looks likely, as we can all planely see that these puns are flying right over his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Worried about Bale against Johnson tomorrow,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's time to Bale out of these plane jokes.

Can we do train jokes and then automobiles gags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Gmol wrote: »
    Worried about Bale against Johnson tomorrow,

Which Bale? Lennon Bale or Townsend Bale or Chadli Bale:confused:
    If you mean Gareth Bale he is still out injured since our pre season tour and is on holidays in spain last I heard working on his tan-poor kid has no luck at all:P

should be a good game and as a lonely Spurs fan I would gladly take a point from Anfield and run like fook:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

davycc wrote: »
    Which Bale? Lennon Bale or Townsend Bale or Chadli Bale:confused:

should be a good game and as a lonely Spurs fan I would gladly take a point from Anfield and run like fook:cool:

Judging by the OP and the subsequent posts this is a Liverpool supporters only thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

irishmover wrote: »
    Judging by the OP and the subsequent posts this is a Liverpool supporters only thread.

That's because spurs have thier own thread but they're welcome here

• Advertisement

amber69 wrote: »
    That's because spurs have thier own thread but they're welcome here

Wouldn't really call that OP welcoming and then as I said the posts that followed. Anyway back to the Spurs forum I go.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057176653 link to our match thread for anybody interested no matter who they support are always welcome:)

As far as the OP not being that welcoming I can see what you meank kinda biased and agree 100% but Ill be keeping a tab open on both our game threads and using them when I can-

hopefully the ref will call up Skyrtle on his blatant OTT manhandling at corners and free kicks etc and we get a peno for Soldado;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

irishmover wrote: »
    Wouldn't really call that OP welcoming and then as I said the posts that followed. Anyway back to the Spurs forum I go.

Off ya go.

If my post offends you then you're better off in your own little forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Tottenham are coming to Anfield tomorrow

w95a.jpg

Kings of Europe?! :confused:

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Off ya go.

And I wonder why I stay clear of the soccer forum. There was no offense taken by your post. More pity to the fact you couldn't kept it from being bias.

What is up with Liverpool supporters these days? Used to be one of the more likeable fanbase.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Off ya go.

So much envy of our own super hosted forum :eek:

any chance you might make a constructive post instead of that kind of childish post like whats your most likely starting 11 please?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Spurs come to Anfield and set themselves up defensively, dropping deep and playing on the counter from the off tomorrow, I'll get very worried.

Crowd will get edgy, and despite Liverpool's continual improvement this season, I think they may struggle to break them down. Spurs, no matter how underachieving they have been all year, have plenty of quality to get a goal or two in every game.

Just the whole scenario makes me worry, really. I'm banking a lot on Sherwood continuing, what I believe to be, a trend a of tactical ineptitude.

Knex. wrote: »
    If Spurs come to Anfield and set themselves up defensively, dropping deep and playing on the counter from the off tomorrow, I'll get very worried.

Crowd will get edgy, and despite Liverpool's continual improvement this season, I think they may struggle to break them down. Spurs, no matter how underachieving they have been all year, have plenty of quality to get a goal or two in every game.

Just the whole scenario makes me worry, really. I'm banking a lot on Sherwood continuing, what I believe to be, a trend a of tactical ineptitude.

good post that -highly likely we will set up deep and try nick a hard earned point or even a 1goal win but the funny thing is Tim will start his lovechild Bentalab ahead of Sandro and Dembele:eek:
    If I were a gambling man Id put money on Bentalab starting even though a game like this he should be a sub:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think the pressure is off liverpool a bit after yesterday's results. A win is no longer essential to keep pace with the leaders. There is no need to force the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think the pressure is off liverpool a bit after yesterday's results. A win is no longer essential to keep pace with the leaders. There is no need to force the game.

Im not so sure it hasn't increased the pressure, like any game goals will be very important even a goal against sometimes opens up a game and players forget about the pressure. I'd worry the longer the game goes scoreless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement