Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Spurs. Sun March 30th KO 16:00 SS1

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

davycc wrote: »
    didnt see any interview from timmay after the game?

He was too busy smashing cups in the changing room.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Were they though. Did anyone think they would really push on and get top 4. They are a soft side with no leader and they know Sherwood isn't long term. The season can't finish fast enough for spurs.

At the start of the season, yes, absolutely. I would have given them as much of a shot of top four as Liverpool given the amount of investment in the squad. I totally agree that they are leaderless and soft. They badly, badly need a strong manager next season and some metal player wise. Their signings in the top third of the field have been a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

BNMC wrote: »
    I think Spurs will win this.

Liverpool are not used to these title run ins and will most likely bottle it.

No sign of it yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Out of all remaining games west ham worries me most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

shamrock55 wrote: »
    fans are getting on there back because of there hoofball
    get an early goal & it could be long day for them
    i would start Sakho that game to deal with West Ham's long balls & crosses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No sign of it yet anyway.

I am worried about Soldado though :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Soldado reminds me of when Morientes came to Liverpool. A very good player in Spain but just didn't seem suited to playing in England. Good finisher but doesn't have great physicality or pace. That said Spurs are probably not getting the best out of him. They need to be creating chances for him to finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Our year

it doesn't even sound ironic any more

could easily have been six or seven today (seems like I am saying that in most of the games we play)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

shamrock55 wrote: »

fuk we're always worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Rumours on Twitter he's been sacked and of fights in dressing room apparently?

Hopefully its true and we can get Hoddle in to steady the ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lot of twitter rumours sherwood has punched a player in their dressing room after the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I bet it was Soldado or Kaboul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I could tell from the way he was sitting that somebody was at the very least going to get their feelings hurt after the match.

klose wrote: »
    Lot of twitter rumours sherwood has punched a player in their dressing room after the game.

Punching above his weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It was the Palace ballboy I'm guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The tone of his post match comments don't seem like the ones from a manager who has just punched a player or who is about to punch a player.

hopefully Sandro gave him a peice of his mind and a roundhouse kick to the face after that clusterfook of a starting 11 and our whole limp season:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Apparently he's killed Clive Anderson, who's he?

http://inagist.com/all/450342861058621440/

The tone of his post match comments don't seem like the ones from a manager who has just punched a player or who is about to punch a player.

do you have a link to his comments id love to hear what he said seeing as he didnt get intervied on SS after the game when rogers did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems to be Michael Dawson who Sherwood had a bust up with after the game if these rumours are to believed. I doubt it's true though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

do you have a link to his comments id love to hear what he said seeing as he didnt get intervied on SS after the game when rogers did

You can watch it here. Toward the bottom of the page. Don't rate him as a manager but I thought it was a very honest interview.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26703761

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Paul Gascoigne has arrived at Anfield with a can of larger and some chicken claiming to be a friend of Tim Sherwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Tim Sherwood has been cornered by police after a rampage. Gazza has arrived with a fishing rod and KFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Tottenham Hotspur manager Tim Sherwood says his side are a "long way" behind their Champions League rivals after a humiliating 4-0 defeat.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26811205

The lazy thing was to make a Gazza joke lads. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Get your fake tits out for the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

In fairness, he took the piss out of himself for long enough!

mosstin wrote: »
    Get your fake tits out for the lads.

(o)(o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

for those of us of a certain age who remember him in his prime

he played like our generations Pele

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Apparently he's killed Clive Anderson, who's he?

http://inagist.com/all/450342861058621440/

CliveAnderson460.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

"Tim sherwood, worst caretaker since Ian huntley" twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Dempsey wrote: »
    His goal was against Sheriff, nothing to boast about considering the gulf in spending power between both teams

My point still stands. He's been used oddly sparingly given his transfer value and has delivered more than you claimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

My point still stands. He's been used oddly sparingly given his transfer value and has delivered more than you claimed.

Oddly? No, its been injury thats restricted him mostly but my point was about when fit. When fit, he's done fcuk all for a record signing and he hasnt done any more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

funny how Everton, Arsenal, Utd, and now Spurs all "played woeful" at Anfield?
    maybe Liverpool made them look bad.... just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Paul Gascoigne has arrived at Anfield with a can of larger and some chicken claiming to be a friend of Tim Sherwood.

Yep, easy target Gazza. Best British footballer in the last 30 years by a mile. A genius on the pitch who has his troubles off it. It's sad that people feel the need to poke fun at him. It probably says more about them as people, than it does about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

COYW wrote: »
    Yep, easy target Gazza. Best British footballer in the last 30 years by a mile. A genius on the pitch who has his troubles off it. It's sad that people feel the need to poke fun at him. It probably says more about them as people, than it does about him.

No. He's not even close to being that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I see the fun police are out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Don't slag Gazza on the internet, it's not cool, m'kay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

funny how Everton, Arsenal, Utd, and now Spurs all "played woeful" at Anfield?
    maybe Liverpool made them look bad.... just a thought

Sussssh! That makes far too much sense for in here ;)

Advertisement