Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Spurs. Sun March 30th KO 16:00 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

amber69 wrote: »
    Im not so sure it hasn't increased the pressure, like any game goals will be very important even a goal against sometimes opens up a game and players forget about the pressure. I'd worry the longer the game goes scoreless.

Spurs are a decent team. A draw isn't the worst result in the world. I think there would be more pressure if Chelsea were 4 points ahead like everyone thought they would be. The players just relish these occasions anyway. It's what they play football, it's why Suarez wanted to move to play in these big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

niallo27 wrote: »
    Spurs are a decent team. A draw isn't the worst result in the world. I think there would be more pressure if Chelsea were 4 points ahead like everyone thought they would be. The players just relish these occasions anyway. It's what they play football, it's why Suarez wanted to move to play in these big games.

If we were 4 points behind most supporters would expect chelsea to win the league. I don't believe suarez or Gerrard will buckle under the pressure its more Henderson, Flanagan and Mignolet I'd worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

irishmover wrote: »
    And I wonder why I stay clear of the soccer forum. There was no offense taken by your post. More pity to the fact you couldn't kept it from being bias.

What is up with Liverpool supporters these days? Used to be one of the more likeable fanbase.

no-one ever liked us and quite frankly we're awful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

gimli2112 wrote: »
    no-one ever liked us and quite frankly we're awful

I'll pretend you aren't being sarcastic and say that's not true. I've liked Liverpool right up until this season. Rooted for them in the CL 2005 win. Was delighted they won aswell. Wanted them to win the league when they finished 2nd in 2008(?). Even liked Liverpool through the Suarez crap even if I couldn't believe a club would stand behind someone like that. However, this season I've seen some of the most spiteful football fans. Quite a big change of stance really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Judging by the OP and the subsequent posts this is a Liverpool supporters only thread.

With you lot too scared to play in the Soccer forum, it's only to be expected. How's that "Our Year" thread working out for ya?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'm expecting an Arsenal style blitz in the first 20 minutes, have the game dead and buried by half time. A part of me wants to see Sherwood lose his mind on the sideline too.

I'll pretend you aren't being sarcastic and say that's not true. I've liked Liverpool right up until this season. Rooted for them in the CL 2005 win. Was delighted they won aswell. Wanted them to win the league when they finished 2nd in 2008(?). Even liked Liverpool through the Suarez crap even if I couldn't believe a club would stand behind someone like that. However, this season I've seen some of the most spiteful football fans. Quite a big change of stance really.

tbh bud I'm from an age when we won everything. didn't even watch the 87 EC final,'cos I was sure we were going to win. It actually got boring. 2001 was unreal. So excited to be in a league cup final! Was weird. 2005 was frigging unbelieveable. If they win this and Gerrard wins a league I'll never care about sport again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think the pressure is off liverpool a bit after yesterday's results. A win is no longer essential to keep pace with the leaders. There is no need to force the game.

Other way around.

They must capitalise if try want the league.

Yesterday was the day the league was put into Liverpool's own hands ... With six games to go.

It doesn't matter if they don't win today.

The bit of me that wants Liverpool to win the league would think they've blown it if they don't win today. Yeah, they can beat Chelsea and City at home but beating Spurs is easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

tbh bud I'm from an age when we won everything. didn't even watch the 87 EC final,'cos I was sure we were going to win. It actually got boring. 2001 was unreal. So excited to be in a league cup final! Was weird. 2005 was frigging unbelieveable. If they win this and Gerrard wins a league I'll never care about sport again :)

I'm afraid im that age also but never "got bored" of us winning. Strange attitude tbh.

• Advertisement

Eight Ball wrote: »
    I'm afraid im that age also but never "got bored" of us winning. Strange attitude tbh.

seriously I kind of lost interest. Don't get me wrong winning is cool. Was at Anfield in 81 beat spurs 3-1 to win the league. Remember game going on in the spurs half and Hansen standing on the centre circle hands on hips. It doesn't get any better than that#1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

2-1 Spurs.

Skrtel own goal, and a penalty.

Gerrard picks up a yellow ruling him out of the season defining City game.

The 87 ec final? Am I missing something?

The 87 ec final? Am I missing something?

sorry the Heysel one
    when was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

With you lot too scared to play in the Soccer forum, it's only to be expected. How's that "Our Year" thread working out for ya?

Double edged sword having our own forum. Great to be able to discuss things across multiple threads rather than just one mega thread. That would be the main reason spurs fans wouldn't "play" too much in the soccer forum. No point sharing living in a cramped flat when you have a purpose built mansion with plenty of room. At the same time though threads like the one you refer to don't get buried quickly enough :) Spurs fans weren't the only ones thinking Spurs would do well this season. Mentions of that in the soccer forum have long disappeared.

sorry the Heysel one
    when was that?

85, Juve won.

• Advertisement

85, Juve won.

alzheimrs setting in

just cut myself shaving (badly)
    may not make it
    win it for me Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Double edged sword having our own forum. Great to be able to discuss things across multiple threads rather than just one mega thread. That would be the main reason spurs fans wouldn't "play" too much in the soccer forum. No point sharing living in a cramped flat when you have a purpose built mansion with plenty of room. At the same time though threads like the one you refer to don't get buried quickly enough :) Spurs fans weren't the only ones thinking Spurs would do well this season. Mentions of that in the soccer forum have long disappeared.

In an ideal set-up all the major teams should have their own forums and the soccer thread should be for general discussions and match threads. Due to Spurs forum, this thread will be very one sided unless Spurs go a couple if goals up. There really is no point complaining about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

just cut myself shaving (badly)
    may not make it
    win it for me Liverpool!

With the Excalibur knife?

In an ideal set-up all the major teams should have their own forums and the soccer thread should be for general discussions and match threads. Due to Spurs forum, this thread will be very one sided unless Spurs go a couple if goals up. There really is no point complaining about it.

We could go 4 up and I'd still be afraid of strutting around this thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

davycc wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057176653 link to our match thread for anybody interested no matter who they support are always welcome:)

any chance of getting me unbanned from your forum? I think i disagreed with someone in there once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Wouldn't really call that OP welcoming and then as I said the posts that followed. Anyway back to the Spurs forum I go.

Welcoming?? :pac: Man, it's just a match thread, relax.

Gooner shouting for Sp*rs here.

Eurgh....

;)

Gooner shouting for Sp*rs here.

Eurgh....

;)

Interesting predicament. I think at this point you'd be better off hoping those in the race for fourth drop points.

Interesting predicament. I think at this point you'd be better off hoping those in the race for fourth drop points.

I'm not thinking that we stand a chance winning the league. I want 3rd minimum.

But no, I always said I'd love to see Liverpool win the league if we couldn't.

But the sh*t that's spewing from some pool supporters throughout the season has made me change my mind.

I'd prefer to see City win it over Pool or Chelsea.

Liverpool fan shouting for Liverpool here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

I'm not thinking that we stand a chance winning the league. I want 3rd minimum.

But no, I always said I'd love to see Liverpool win the league if we couldn't.

But the sh*t that's spewing from some pool supporters throughout the season has made me change my mind.

I'd prefer to see City win it over Pool or Chelsea.

I agree. As an arsenal supporter id rather see Liverpool win it over all the others but man the liverpool fans I know are showing their true colours this season, it completely putting me off them, gonna settle with city methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »
    Liverpool fan shouting for Liverpool here.

Showing your true colours there Monkey9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I heard someone needed back up in here. Ha ha.

I think we (spurs) are on a hiding to nothing. Hopefully Dawson doesn't make it or S, S and S will have a field day against our back four.

Demebele should play, he was the only player to come out of last Febs Anfield fixture with any creditability, but if course Bentelb will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Noo wrote: »
    I agree. As an arsenal supporter id rather see Liverpool win it over all the others but man the liverpool fans I know are showing their true colours this season, it completely putting me off them, gonna settle with city methinks.

Its an issue that will always come up once a team start doing well. Some people are just dopes. In ten years when all the City supporters grow up they'll be super annoying on here too.

I think some liverpool fans on here are coming across worse than they are due to the unexpected nature of the position we're in. After being beaten down so regularly recently its just a backlash. Add to that United struggles and its been really a case of vengeance being the order of the day in post style.

That all being said... "Screw you guys, we are liverpool tra la lal la la.."

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I hope we stuff Spurs today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Noo wrote: »

I can understand that and would probably be the same way myself, but if you knew enough city fans you'd find them as obnoxious as hell and recoil at the idea of them winning it too. It's just the way all football fans are, unfortunately. I'm actually not too crazy about the cockiness myself either, I've seen Liverpool implode enough times to know this is still a big ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Funny how the supporters of sides that have been Liverpools main competition in the last decade suddenly can't stand Liverpool supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thank feck the clocks went forward last night, 4pm is taking what seems like forever to come around as is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

This has 4-4 written all over it

mike65 wrote: »
    Funny how the supporters of sides that have been Liverpools main competition in the last decade suddenly can't stand Liverpool supporters.

Exactly. It's not like we've had personality transplants. We've been happy with the wins, annoyed at the defeats and been in slanging matches with Manc U fans. Sounds like any other season in that regard.

The difference being this year of course we're getting more attention because we're in a title race and it's annoying opposition fans, which is fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

davycc wrote: »
    Which Bale? Lennon Bale or Townsend Bale or Chadli Bale:confused:
    If you mean Gareth Bale he is still out injured since our pre season tour and is on holidays in spain last I heard working on his tan-poor kid has no luck at all:P

should be a good game and as a lonely Spurs fan I would gladly take a point from Anfield and run like fook:cool:

Christian Eriksen Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Liverpools most important game since 07 champions league final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

All joking aside, just about everyone seems to think we're going to smash Spurs up. We are 4/9 with the bookies which is about the lowest price I have ever seen us trading at while playing a top 6 team. Going to put a fiver on Spurs at 7/1, with my wretched luck in punting as of late, hopefully it does the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

All joking aside, just about everyone seems to think we're going to smash Spurs up. We are 4/9 with the bookies which is about the lowest price I have ever seen us trading at while playing a top 6 team. Going to put a fiver on Spurs at 7/1, with my wretched luck in punting as of late, hopefully it does the trick.

Why on earth would any Reds fan bet against them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

zAbbo wrote: »

To help dry our tears wish crisp notes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Liverpools most important game since 07 champions league final

Until next week, and the week after that, and .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Good gamblers follow the head not the heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

As a Liverpool fan the importance of this game is palpable. I'm gonna have to set up the tv in the toilet as I'll have to watch it sitting down in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've a feeling the way results have gone this weekend that Spurs will get something from this game.As Fergie said "it's squeaky bum time",like it or not & despite what the manager says,nerves will kick in,players will be afraid to make mistakes and won't play to their best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Why wouldn't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

As a gambler there are times you feel you can do nothing right so you back spurs hoping your bad luck will jinx them and if liverpool lose the monetary gain softens the blow
    But unfortunately a draw will happen then and scupper everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm going double chance on Spurs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This wont be a stroll in the park.

If we play like we did in the last 15 mins against Sunderland we will be punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Paulinho is out of the game today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement