Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Spurs. Sun March 30th KO 16:00 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

To help dry our tears wish crisp notes?

I would never bet against Liverpool.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

daithijjj wrote: »
    Paulinho is out of the game today.

Thats a big loss for Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I think Spurs will win this.

Liverpool are not used to these title run ins and will most likely bottle it.

BNMC wrote: »

more wishful thinking than anything else in that post.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Thumbs up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not that im arsed but when an arsenal fan is shouting for a spurs team who are close behind them in the race for fourth i assume some awful stuff was spouted but i cant see where it has bar usually jokes and jibes you see on every internet forum? Since when has the views/thoughts of a couple people on a ****ing irish message board=that of the multi million fan base around the world?

"I dont want liverpool to win the league as they have the most insufferable fans around" etc etc... Just lol

klose wrote: »
    Not that im arsed but when an arsenal fan is shouting for a spurs team who are close behind them in the race for fourth i assume some awful stuff was spouted but i cant see where it has bar usually jokes and jibes you see on every internet forum? Since when has the views/thoughts of a couple people on a ****ing irish message board=that of the multi million fan base around the world?

"I dont want liverpool to win the league as they have the most insufferable fans around" etc etc... Just loo

Spurs are 8 points behind us.

Pool are 4 points ahead of us.

How does your definition of "close" work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He spells close with a 'k' too. Can't trust someone like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Thats a big loss for Spurs

Not really, he hasn't played very much under Sherwood so it won't make much of a difference in terms of our last dozen or so performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

bad2dabone wrote: »
    any chance of getting me unbanned from your forum? I think i disagreed with someone in there once.

You will be grand seriously :D just try not to have your own opinion or disagree with our own biasness:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Very interesting fixture this from a neutral perspective. If Liverpool win this comfortably, 3-0, 4-0, I think they will go on and win the league, i.e. winning their remaining games, assuming Suarez and/or Sturridge don't get injured.

If they don't, they are back to square one and Chelsea are back in the title race, despite what JM says. Liverpool struggled once they went 2-0 up against Sunderland. I don't recall that happening at any other point this season. The significance of their position in the table might be starting to take effect.

An interesting afternoon ahead. Personally, I am hoping for a draw, as it keeps the title race going and I am really enjoying the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Close enough, its only 3 games that it can be turned over.

Keno wrote: »
    He spells close with a 'k' too. Can't trust someone like that.

Whats wrong with my spelling?

300863.jpg

;)

Klose has a point.

across a few threads now I have read about LFC fans thinking the title is in the bag, and how annoying they are etc etc

yet I can't find one post to suggest anyone saying its in the bag.

and on the annoyance part.....some peoples sample size is way too small and the base everything in boards.ie/soccer forum.

really? Some need to get out more and get a life!

I have also noticed some regular posters attitude and humour really fall through the floor with the spite and anger in some of their posts.
    again get a life ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

COYW wrote: »
    Very interesting fixture this from a neutral perspective. If Liverpool win this comfortably, 3-0, 4-0, I think they will go on and win the league comfortably, i.e. winning their remaining games, assuming Suarez and/or Sturridge don't get injured.

If they don't, they are back to square one and Chelsea are back in the title race, despite what JM says. Liverpool struggled once they went 2-0 up against Sunderland. I don't recall that happening at any other point this season. The significance of their position in the table might be starting to take effect.

An interesting afternoon ahead. Personally, I am hoping for a draw, as it keeps the whole race going and I am really enjoying the whole thing.

This nerves thing is really being overstated - Sunderland came for a draw preferably 0-0, when they 2nd goal went in Poyet changed his side as Ki and Johnson came on but Rodgers didn't react as he should have. It wasn't nerves that invited Sunderland on it was failure to take action to nullify the switch Poyet made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Spurs 7/1 to win this?? :eek: That's mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

4 points from disappointed not to get 3rd. 8 points from gutted with no champions league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Very interesting fixture this from a neutral perspective. If Liverpool win this comfortably, 3-0, 4-0, I think they will go on and win the league, i.e. winning their remaining games, assuming Suarez and/or Sturridge don't get injured.

An interesting afternoon ahead. Personally, I am hoping for a draw, as it keeps the title race going and I am really enjoying the whole thing.

I think a draw actually has the opposite effect as it then will really need a big **** up from City to not win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

mike65 wrote: »
    This nerves thing is really being overstated - Sunderland came for a draw preferably 0-0, when they 2nd goal went in Poyet changed his side as Ki and Johnson came on but Rodgers didn't react as he should have. It wasn't nerves that invited Sunderland on it was failure to take action to nullify the switch Poyet made.

You can't always blame the manager, Liverpool have plenty of experienced players on the pitch who are more than capable of reacting to a change like that. They looked nervy and tired at 2-1.
    I think a draw actually has the opposite effect as it then will really need a big **** up from City to not win it.

Nope, I City will drop more points before the end of the season. They still have to go to Goodison and Anfield.

It's very simple.

Pool fans who can't understand why we'd want a Spurs win as they're "close" to us, when in fact Spurs are 8 points behind us, instead they should see that Liverpool are "only" 4 points ahead of us with matches against city and chelsea to come.

This is my problem with Pool fans atm. They're not looking behind them, but the gap isn't as big as they'd like to think it is.

We won't win the league, but I want third, and out of Chelsea, City and Pool, Pool are more likely to allow that to happen.

Hence I'm shouting for Spurs today.

But as I know from my Spurs friends, they're masters at disappointment :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You can't always blame the manager, Liverpool have plenty of experienced players on the pitch who are more than capable of reacting to a change like that. They looked nervy and tired at 2-1.

Nope, I City will drop more points before the end of the season. They still have to go to Goodison and Anfield.

If Liverpool draw today they can afford to drop more points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Spurs at 7/1 easy way to lose money

4-2 Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Neutral FC fan hoping that Liverpool bomb the gilet back into 2012. 5-0 win should do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I've backed 3-1 Liverpool at 9/1 just because of the coincidences involved.

Brendan Rodgers has out classed AVB, Martinez etc this season with tweaking the side to counteract and then expose their teams.

I'd expect he has done the same all this week in training for this game.

Liverpool will need to get more than two goals as we will concede.
    lets hope this one is put to bed early from a Liverpool point if view, as the longer it stays close then the more I think Spurs will come into it.

if Sherwood plays a high backline with any space in behind then its curtains, if he plays a dropping off backline then expect a peno to LFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I remember, may have been last season, someone claimed the clocks going forward was the reason for our poor performances on this particular weekend each season

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I remember, may have been last season, someone claimed the clocks going forward was the reason for our poor performances on this particular weekend each season

Think its when clocks go back (winter).

Seems Adebayor has failed late fitness test or Tim is playing games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Think its when clocks go back (winter).

That's even stupider. An extra hour's sleep negatively effecting the performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

was in the local supermarket carr park about 1/2 an hour ago and some eejit comes driving towards me, the wrong way up a one way lane. so i look at him to see what this eejit looks like. he's wearing a liverpool shirt.

liverpool fans this season - so annoying!!
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think you're lost Manchester's about 90 miles that way<

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

gimli2112 wrote: »

I think they threw him out of the plane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gimli2112 wrote: »

Boards is hosted in Liverpool!!!

That explains a lot.

How did you know which way he was facing though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hard to see past a Liverpool win. Momentum seems with them now in the title race and the results yesterday have it set up nicely for them to take advantage.

Spurs can be absolutely useless at times and I think Liverpool will have way too much for them, especially up front. Suarez and Sturridge will have the back four run ragged.

I hope and pray I'm wrong of course and will be cheering Spurs on loudly. :)

Just looking at Spurs away form, it's very impressive. 2nd best in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Klose has a point.

across a few threads now I have read about LFC fans thinking the title is in the bag, and how annoying they are etc etc
    It's silly really. It's only now that fourth place is almost a mathematical probability that people are willing to say that 4th is in the bag, never mind the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Only an hour to go and what happens - My Sky connection packs in. :mad::(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Just looking at Spurs away form, it's very impressive. 2nd best in the league

Think we have the 2nd best home record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

As expected.

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Yesterday's results were a dream for Liverpool.

Now lets see if they can handle the extra pressure. Huge incentive at stake with the opportunity to take advantage of Chelsea's loss and the draw at the Emirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Had a feeling we'd go back to Everton/Arsenal formation, alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses
    The gloves remain off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Chadli, Eriksen; Soldado

No Dembele or Adebayor? This makes me happy.

Soldado is a relief for Pool supporters I'd say, he's been so bad

Eriksen is very good though and will need to be watched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Chadli, Eriksen; Soldado.
    Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Dembele, Sandro, Townsend, Winks, Kane

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.
    Subs: Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses.

Very attacking from Liverpool. There'll be goals in this game for sure.

Cue 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Spurs squad has eased my concerns a little, still don't feel particularly confident about this one.

Soldado is a relief for Pool supporters I'd say, he's been so bad

Eriksen is very good though and will need to be watched

Soldado has been bad but there's a good chance Spurs will get a penalty, so at least he might score that way.

• Advertisement

Jesus looking at that team where's Spurs' central midfield? Bentaleb on his own

Advertisement