Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameras connected to bb Static ip?

Options
  • 28-03-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I have my camera system at home being fed from the DVR to the router through an adapter. I am viewing the cameras then through the Meye app, problem is my ip is dynamic so every now and again it gets disconnected

Is there any easy solution to this? or is it a matter of getting vodafone to set up a static IP. I think its 6 euro a month was gonna try avoid this!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Or you could use a service like dyndns.org.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Yeah use dyndns.org
    I have 30 dynamic hosts for a year for PM me and il give you a host name if you want .. I'm not going to use 30 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Cool thanks guys gonna look up this when I get home now and will send on a pm thanks.

Advertisement