Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for pigeons ?

• 28-03-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all just wondering does anybody on here no where i can buy pigeons ...not racing pigeons i think their known as homing pigeons...correct me if im wrong:confused:....mods i apologise if this is the wrong forum please feel free to move if necessary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If you don't get many replies here sassychick try Nature and Birdwatching ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If not racing/homing pigeons then what? Doves, tumblers, wood pigeons?? What do you want them for exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

If not racing/homing pigeons then what? Doves, tumblers, wood pigeons?? What do you want them for exactly?

+ 1 Racing pigeons & Homing pigeons are the same! I kept pigeons for several years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

You want some to stay around your house basically? Homing and racing are the same. You'll need a loft and a trap. Trap is around 50e i think.
    Tumblers are nice birds, funny to watch them. You're not wanting racers so no point in getting expensive ones. You'll get pigeons for 10e a bird, or less, just google pigeons for sale and it will bring up loads of links to classifieds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

If you are a complete novice I would recommend checking out a few books before diving right in. It can be quite time consuming looking after pigeons. Cleaning cages, feeding, letting them out most days and checking for diseases all the time.

Great hobby once you get into it. I had a small loft on the balcony of my house but I eventually gave them all away. I know there is a shop in drimnagh that you would get pigeons for a good price. And I'm sure the association is in Inchicore, Dublin 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

hi guys thanks for replies, i am a complete novice its my partner that has a keen interest in them,he is not from Ireland so just wanted to know was there any markets etc in Dublin...he has the pigeon loft ready to go .I ve heard him talking about budepest something or other and tumblers so thtas the type hes lookong for i just tought i might get some feedback

Advertisement