Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ceiling speakers and equipment needed

• 28-03-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

i want to install 8 ceiling speakers into a large room in my house. I am converting it into a bar. I am starting from scratch and have nothing bought for this yet. I want to hook them to a touch screen pc which I am using as a jukebox which would be mounted to the wall. I'm not to worried about price. Any help much appreciated on what equipment I would need.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

Take a look on www.hifihut.ie ..... I'd say they'd have just about everything your looking for, as far as I know they do installations too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HifiHut: Daniel

Thanks Knickerbocker, we do indeed.

Kingofbeers, if you are around Dublin at all it's well worth calling in to have a listen to some of the systems available.

Daniel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

i want to install 8 ceiling speakers into a large room in my house. I am converting it into a bar. I am starting from scratch and have nothing bought for this yet. I want to hook them to a touch screen pc which I am using as a jukebox which would be mounted to the wall. I'm not to worried about price. Any help much appreciated on what equipment I would need.

I got two pair of these guys from Amazon last year, surprisingly good sound and good weight/build...

61WqUUzxA-L._SL1100_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Hi kingofbeers,
    I have done similar in my home using best ceiling sound quality 'Monitor Audio' speakers in various rooms.
    It all depends what you want to achieve in sound quality, what do you want to get from your future set up.
    For example, do you want;
    * Simple kitchen radio FM quality sound,
    * HiFi stereo quality sound,
    * High quality home cinema sound.

Once your purpose has been decided, after that the first things to be taken into account will be;
    *Room dimensions, shape, accoustics, *Access to & available ceiling space depth, *Route to wire (power supplies & cabling), *Distribution Amp to achieve purpose *The music source/player (if PC based a quality Dac maybe required), *Quality of connection cables, *Quality of speaker cables...

I can highly recommend quality 'Monitor Audio' speakers far above the basic 'adastra' mentioned above via amazon. I have also found richersounds.ie to excellent, not only as a supplier but also with advice & help. You will find Richer Sounds here on boards.ie under the Talk To section.

I do envy you starting off on this fun set up & not having to "worry about price". Your scope will be enormous in what can be achieved with high quality audio. Above all enjoy & I wish you well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Pepsie wrote: »
    Hi kingofbeers,
    I have done similar in my home using best ceiling sound quality 'Monitor Audio' speakers in various rooms.
    It all depends what you want to achieve in sound quality, what do you want to get from your future set up.
    For example, do you want;
    * Simple kitchen radio FM quality sound,
    * HiFi stereo quality sound,
    * High quality home cinema sound.

Once your purpose has been decided, after that the first things to be taken into account will be;
    *Room dimensions, shape, accoustics, *Access to & available ceiling space depth, *Route to wire (power supplies & cabling), *Distribution Amp to achieve purpose *The music source/player (if PC based a quality Dac maybe required), *Quality of connection cables, *Quality of speaker cables...

I can highly recommend quality 'Monitor Audio' speakers far above the basic 'adastra' mentioned above via amazon. I have also found richersounds.ie to excellent, not only as a supplier but also with advice & help. You will find Richer Sounds here on boards.ie under the Talk To section.

I do envy you starting off on this fun set up & not having to "worry about price". Your scope will be enormous in what can be achieved with high quality audio. Above all enjoy & I wish you well

Good advice there, just to pitch in I have a full set of Monitor Audios for home cinema and Mission floor standers for music as as this was 'just' for a second surround sound setup and radio in the kitchen I decided not to splurge but was very pleasantly surprised by their sound quality, very rich with good bass which I did not really expect given the price differential from the MA's you refer to (which I did check with RS but there were just too much given their purpose).

• Advertisement
Advertisement