Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre problems and concerns about cooling off period - need rep please

Options
  • 28-03-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi - my story ...
    I'm an existing eircom customer of many years. This morning an engineer arrived to install eFibre and also eVision.
    He had a frustrating morning, having to make several trips to the cabinet to get us hooked up to eFibre. Then he had problems with the eVision and had to email and ring back to base to have something done to enable it. He was here for quite a while. Finally he got the main eVision screen to display. He declared everything to be working. I asked him was there anything I needed to know. He said no, just channel up and down etc. Then left without testing the channels. I assumed what I was seeing was the channel UI. But when I tried Live TV there was nothing.
    I spent quite a while with Tech Support on this. It turns out the problem is not the eVision, it is the eFibre. It is intermittent and keeps dropping regularly. Tech support have arranged for an engineer to come look at the problem as they cannot figure it out. But they say that would most likely be Tuesday. This has been a very stressful day as I work form home and only expected to be offline for 1 - 2 hours. I have had to kiss some major *ss with my boss as I basically couldn't do my job. The connection is still intermittent and the eVision when the broadband comes up is less than useless, pixelated and freezing. I cant work or use the eVision.
    I'm a reasonable person and if we can get to the bottom of this I'll be happy to put this crappy day behind me. But reading around I see that some people see their cooling off periods disappear while they are waiting for issues to be resolved. And are then told that they have to break their contracts and pay a hefty fee.

Here are the relevant dates ...

Last Friday 21st - I spoke with the sales person and verbally told him I wanted to go ahead with eFibre, eVision and 2 x eMobile deals. He told me installation of the eFibre and eVision would be done on Friday 28th at the earliest.

Today Friday 28th - Engineer called and installed eFibre and eVision. Neither are working reliably or satisfactorily. At no stage have they worked reliably. I spoke to Tech support who could not fix the problem. They have requested an engineer to call but cannot confirm what date or time that would be. They said it would likely be Tuesday 1st April.

Having read this, can a rep please tell me what my status is and will be regarding a cooling off period. I do not want to have cancel these subscriptions because the services do not work only to be told I need to pay a hefty fee for breaking a contract.

Any other help resolving the issues would be most welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

redser7 wrote: »
    Hi - my story ...
    I'm an existing eircom customer of many years. This morning an engineer arrived to install eFibre and also eVision.
    He had a frustrating morning, having to make several trips to the cabinet to get us hooked up to eFibre. Then he had problems with the eVision and had to email and ring back to base to have something done to enable it. He was here for quite a while. Finally he got the main eVision screen to display. He declared everything to be working. I asked him was there anything I needed to know. He said no, just channel up and down etc. Then left without testing the channels. I assumed what I was seeing was the channel UI. But when I tried Live TV there was nothing.
    I spent quite a while with Tech Support on this. It turns out the problem is not the eVision, it is the eFibre. It is intermittent and keeps dropping regularly. Tech support have arranged for an engineer to come look at the problem as they cannot figure it out. But they say that would most likely be Tuesday. This has been a very stressful day as I work form home and only expected to be offline for 1 - 2 hours. I have had to kiss some major *ss with my boss as I basically couldn't do my job. The connection is still intermittent and the eVision when the broadband comes up is less than useless, pixelated and freezing. I cant work or use the eVision.
    I'm a reasonable person and if we can get to the bottom of this I'll be happy to put this crappy day behind me. But reading around I see that some people see their cooling off periods disappear while they are waiting for issues to be resolved. And are then told that they have to break their contracts and pay a hefty fee.

Here are the relevant dates ...

Last Friday 21st - I spoke with the sales person and verbally told him I wanted to go ahead with eFibre, eVision and 2 x eMobile deals. He told me installation of the eFibre and eVision would be done on Friday 28th at the earliest.

Today Friday 28th - Engineer called and installed eFibre and eVision. Neither are working reliably or satisfactorily. At no stage have they worked reliably. I spoke to Tech support who could not fix the problem. They have requested an engineer to call but cannot confirm what date or time that would be. They said it would likely be Tuesday 1st April.

Having read this, can a rep please tell me what my status is and will be regarding a cooling off period. I do not want to have cancel these subscriptions because the services do not work only to be told I need to pay a hefty fee for breaking a contract.

Any other help resolving the issues would be most welcome!

Thanks
    Hi redser7

I'm Very sorry to hear of all these issues.  If you would like to PM me your efibre account number I will contact technical support and request an update for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement