Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break ins

Options
  • 28-03-2014 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Reported break ins around graiguecullen area and pollerton tonight. Just to keep an eye out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 teelady

Talking to my dad last night, he said he read in the paper (the Herald? although am not sure) that there were 35 burglaries here on thursday nite!

They must be recruiting more people than american multinationals!

The peak time according to the Indo is 5pm to 8pm so don't do what my across the road neighbours do - shut down the house and leave the outside light on!!! the house just screams empty as they don't get back til later.

Buy some timers people or leave a radio on!

I have now stepped down off my soapbox and am going to check on the moat i have being built around my house... :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Someone tried to get into ours this evening probably, second attempt since September. Window damaged, only left the gaff for ten mins, would have been about 7.30 - 8pm. Blackbog Road area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Few more attempted last night/this morning St Marys/JKL/Kevin Barry aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 teelady

I don't know about anyone else but i find this type of thread very very good.

Not only to have uptodate info on my own area but i often have to mind relatives' houses over the spring/summer and i wouldn't hear anything otherwise.

Appreciate it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Dodgy red transit van around the Bang Ups, drove off when challenged as to what they were doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Dodgy red transit van around the Bang Ups, drove off when challenged as to what they were doing.

Byhookorbycrook what time did you see the van? There was a break-in in the Ducketts Grove area yesterday around 5 o'clock

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Break-ins in Garyhill and Rathanna yesterday I believe too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Dj wrote: »
    Byhookorbycrook what time did you see the van? There was a break-in in the Ducketts Grove area yesterday around 5 o'clock
    It was about 3.55 I think. 02 kk reg, back looked odd, as if the original doors were changed for a roll up door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Guy going around pretending to be from Irish water crowd, driving an 04 silver car apparently. He is casing houses and has robbed some.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

There's going to be a lot more vans going round,there's a funeral inBunclody this week and there will be loads activity ,I'm sure.So keeps alert and watch out for your neighbours

• Advertisement
Advertisement