Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip & Pin Credit Card Reader - PCI fees?

Options
  • 28-03-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm opening a small business shortly and am looking for a way of taking credit card payments. From lots of helpful posts on boards I've settled on SysPay. Their pricing for the chip and pin reader is 1.99% for Visa and MC. I've ordered the reader (for €199) and have got to the stage of printing out the contract to sign however there are a couple of things I'm not sure of. One is PCI Charges. On the schedule of fees the PCI compliance service fee (annual scan) is listed as €105. SAQ (dont have a clue what this is, I'll have to google it) is listed as €42.50. Non compliance fee is listed as €13.50 per month and Administration fee is listed as €10 annual fee. I thought that the whole point of getting a system like SysPay was that you wouldnt have to store customers credit card details and that all their software was PCI compliant thereby eliminating that headache from the small business user? Do I have to get a PCI compliance cert to be able to use the chip & pin device?
    One of the main reasons I opted for SysPay was that their pricing seemed pretty transparent. On the website the bluetooth reader (face-2-face processing) fees are listed as €199 for the reader, €0 Monthly Fee, 1.99% Per transaction. However the PCI fees above are on the Fee schedule along with a €10 minimum monthly MSC.
    Can anyone give me an idea of what the actual fees are likely to be to have a bluetooth chip & pin reader so that I can process card present transactions? The fees schedule has confused me:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh you have to fill out a form online detailing the companies you use for transactions and then it scans your system monthly to check you are still compliant. Its quite a long form to fill out and you may need to contact the companies you use to check but once its done its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

Thanks jimmii,
    I was afraid that would be the case! And I guess the fees apply too so its stretching it a bit to promote the chip and pin system as having no monthly fees. By the SysPay website you would think that the fee is 1.99% of the transaction but thats not the case at all because you have all these PCI compliance charges as well.
    I wonder what the charges are like for other solutions...SumUp, AIB Pogo etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

tarmon wrote: »
    Thanks jimmii,
    I was afraid that would be the case! And I guess the fees apply too so its stretching it a bit to promote the chip and pin system as having no monthly fees. By the SysPay website you would think that the fee is 1.99% of the transaction but thats not the case at all because you have all these PCI compliance charges as well.
    I wonder what the charges are like for other solutions...SumUp, AIB Pogo etc?

Says on the PCI site thats its the same for all merchants who take cards whether its B&M or online its just a system to protect customers which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 standtwo

€105 is not bad for PCI compliance. Id say have a look at trustwave they can pre-populate your SAQ (Self assesment questionaire) for you saving you time. While it is a long from you will have to submit every quarter you can just change the date.

Not to famillier with Syspay but Id imagine they will require SAQ C or D.

Advertisement