Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Insurance Question

Options
  • 28-03-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I just have a quick question regarding proof of insurance.

What exactly do you need to present to show proof? Does it need to be the actual policy.

I'm flying out next Thursday and am ordering the insurance now, if the policy doesn't arrive in the post before then, would email confirmation of purchase be enough proof?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Gonzo_Reporter

Proof of insurance was the first the only thing the Immigration guys asked for after the PDO Entry Letter. I went with Blue Insurance for my 2 year visa and only got the email confirmation that mainly showed the policy number and length of policy. They seemed happy with that. I entered only a week ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Hi,
    I came through Calgary last Friday and had the policy all printed out just incase they wanted to read the fine print.All she did was glance over the receipt I had received which basically had my name address length of stay and the price I had paid on it.She also checked the proof of funds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

question about the proof of funds, does it need to be a printout or are you better to just bring it up on your online banking there and then? can just get an atm reciept or something I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

krudler wrote: »
    question about the proof of funds, does it need to be a printout or are you better to just bring it up on your online banking there and then? can just get an atm reciept or something I guess

Print out seems better, but just screenshot your online banking app before you leave Dublin, and show them that on your device maybe? I doubt it'll be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

We'll I went into AIB the week I was leaving and she printed out the last 7 days transactions and stamped and signed it.
    Worked fine for me last Friday week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement