Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you wear two shirts? If so then go and see yourself in the film Calvary.

Options
  • 28-03-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

The upcoming film Calvary, by the people who brought us The Guard, is coming out soon. The writer John McDonagh, actors Brendan Gleeson and Killian Scott were on The Late Late tonight. The writer said he based Killian Scott's character in the film on a guy he met in Galway who wore two shirts. The character in the film will wear a bowtie because the writer felt it is similarly eccentric but more believable than a habit of wearing two shirts.

So someone's going to be dining out on that for a while. Whoever you are, you're officially a muse.

Oh and they picked a very attractive actor to play you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Everybody wears two shirts now.

BSYgO78CYAAMYW0.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Well whoever it was can breathe a sigh of relief so and hope to go undiscovered. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I wear 2 t-shirts, does that count?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I wear 2 t-shirts, does that count?

Hmmm. I don't think so. Two t-shirts doesn't scream eccentric loud enough to inspire a bowtie wearing film character. Maybe it should though JohnCleary. The film might've been better for some JohnCleary magic!

The double shirt wearer is not going to reveal himself it seems. Maybe he's too busy being One Directions new stylist these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Well sh1te on a bike :( Thought I was 'the one'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Imagine that? There are eccentric people in Galway. Who'd have thought?

Seems like a flimsy premise for a movie in a town where one guy dresses like an 18th century highwayman complete with three cornered hat or the guy who dresses like a 19th century Aran Islander (I think) as he rides his bicycle about. Or the older woman who walks the length and breadth of Galway every morning wearing eighties style clothes and visor cap while carrying a bottle of water.

Lots of inspiration there I would have thought.

folbotcar wrote: »
    Imagine that? There are eccentric people in Galway. Who'd have thought?

Seems like a flimsy premise for a movie in a town where one guy dresses like an 18th century highwayman complete with three cornered hat or the guy who dresses like a 19th century Aran Islander (I think) as he rides his bicycle about. Or the older woman who walks the length and breadth of Galway every morning wearing eighties style clothes and visor cap while carrying a bottle of water.

Lots of inspiration there I would have thought.

Of course there are eccentric people here but not many of them get to know they were a muse, though perhaps they're unwittingly acting as that everyday.
    It's not the premise for the movie,just a writers inspiration for one character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Of course there are eccentric people here but not many of them get to know they were a muse, though perhaps they're unwittingly acting as that everyday.
    It's not the premise for the movie,just a writers inspiration for one character
    Ironically I was trying to be a bit......well; whimsical!

Guess I'll have to work on that side of me.;)

Advertisement