Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Ping in games 02/Tesco Mobile Broadband

• 29-03-2014 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post:
    I just switched to Tesco mobile broadband today to try it out.
    In Battlefield 4 (on PC) no pings show either in the Battlelog loadout/multiplayer menu or in-game.
    Also the 'recommended servers' do not load and seem constantly stuck in a downloading loop.

I'm using the exact same Huawei E5220 wireless dongle that my Meteor sim card would show pings with earlier today.
    I used to have the same no ping issue with o2 (and Tesco is using o2 I believe) so is this just an o2 'thing' or is there any way to make pings show up at all?

I tried temporarily turning off my firewall to see if that was blocking anything but no change.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

ICMP is blocked either on the dongle or on the ISP side, open a dos shell and run ping boards.is
    What does it show?

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nobodybutme

Hi, thanks for the reply.
    I pinged boards.ie and this is the result:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 89.234.66.108:
    Packets: sent = 4, Received =0. Lost = 4 (100% loss)

I believe Tesco block ICMP traffic. I can't use ping apps on my phone via 3G either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nobodybutme

Karsini, thanks for clearing that up.

Advertisement