Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Gort

Options
  • 29-03-2014 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi
    I have being looking at buying a house in Co galway within my budget, and have being looking at gort a town i dont know much about. Im just wondering if anyone lives there and can tell me what its like, schools, distance to galway city etc.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I'm originally from the town and it is as quite as quite could be especially after the bypass. If you play sports or have school going children you will do well as people are friendly but won't approach you but will invite you in to the community if there is common ground.

A lot of unfinished estates and some houses are really just sheds regarding finishing & insulation so be careful. As there are a load of genuine bargains to be had in and around the town.

Very Active Hurling, Football, Soccer and Rugby clubs. Golf club is good, Community centre has gym, squash, racquet and other sports. Pool in hotel so fitness activity is your thing well there you go.

Schools are fine as far as I know 20 years ago there were three now only the one so can't comment further.

20 miles to most parts in Galway, 20 mins to Ennis 30-45 to nearly all of limerick City, same distance to Dublin as Galway 25 mins to Motoroway to Dublin.

There is a sense of Community but as I only visit can't comment. Creches are good (Prices I don;t know)

Hope this is of help!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Living in Gort myself the last number of years.

I find it a great little town, it has everything i need in it.

The previous poster pretty much hit the nail on the head with regards everything, personally I am very content living here and don't plan on living anywhere else for the foreseeable.

Happy house hunting!

Advertisement