Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property owned by the banks??

Options
  • 29-03-2014 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I am really interested in purchasing a property in an unfinished estate and was told by someone in passing that they had just purchased a property in the exact same estate "from the banks" recently.

how exactly do you find out what the banks have or nama have so that you can look into purchasing one?

Is it as simple as a phone call?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    I am really interested in purchasing a property in an unfinished estate and was told by someone in passing that they had just purchased a property in the exact same estate "from the banks" recently.

how exactly do you find out what the banks have or nama have so that you can look into purchasing one?

Is it as simple as a phone call?!

Best try /ask local estate agents or look up properties for sale in the estate on Daft or Myhome , but be prepared for long drawn out process if buying a bank/NAMA property - can be very slow to get sale over the line !

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Best try /ask local estate agents or look up properties for sale in the estate on Daft or Myhome , but be prepared for long drawn out process if buying a bank/NAMA property - can be very slow to get sale over the line !

Thanks a million!! Sherry Fitz have them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 markuskon

check an other discussion forum about houses owned by banks: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057011064 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

markuskon wrote: »
    check an other discussion forum about houses owned by banks: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057011064 :mad:
    My advice....don't do it it's not worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Thanks for the heads up, has put me off for the moment anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Been waiting months now for Contract of Sale from Liquidators solicitor . Booking deposit paid, Bill for Sale issued etc almost 4 months ago and nothing since - EA for vendor is in the dark also , claims he's not getting any feedback on forwarding our enquiries to liquidators solicitor !
    My options at this stage are :
    1. Walk away - withdraw my offer immediately
    2. Advise the EA of a deadline date by which Contract documents are to be with my solicitor , otherwise I withdraw offer
    3. Hang in there and wait - indefinitely ?

I sometimes think that withdrawing my offer might just suit the liquidator - they might well put the house on the market again with a higher price tag ?

I could have bid on other properties in the area that have now sold in the intervening time had I known the long delay in processing the sale of the house. Really disappointed with the whole thing at this stage, if nothing happens soon even my mortgage approval will have to be renewed ! I do like the house and the area but the delay is testing my patience !
    Advice please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Number 2 for me....otherwise it could drag on forever and never close.

Advertisement