Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Hotel, Thurles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

A Two-Mile-Borris man has bought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

I thought that place would be gone to ruin inside by now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Oops! wrote: »
    A Two-Mile-Borris man has bought it!

The hotel has potential and many good memories for many. I wish the new owner every success.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Is it really sold?

That place is in a terrible state.

Is that the same buyer as The Anner?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

A Two Mile Borris / Cashel family have bought the Anner - I don't think anyone has bought the Munster (that I've heard anyways). It would cost a fortune to do up. Basement is supposed to be massively flooded. You can even see the water at the back of it when your in the car park. Think the Anner has a good future but can't see much in the Munster.

jonnybravo wrote: »
    A Two Mile Borris / Cashel family have bought the Anner - I don't think anyone has bought the Munster (that I've heard anyways). It would cost a fortune to do up. Basement is supposed to be massively flooded. You can even see the water at the back of it when your in the car park. Think the Anner has a good future but can't see much in the Munster.

Shur when it was open the basement was seriously damp plus they had to pump it during building, it was a lovely hotel although there was far too many stairs

And not enough rooms, another victim of the Celtic Tiger greed.....

Actually it does seem the story of a Two Mile Borris man having bought the Munster may actually be true

I've heard it from a few people now

I'm tempted to comment on it ... but it's probably best that I don't

The shuttering concrete in the basement wasn't done properly, it wasn't sealed, but the building was almost completed before it was realised and at that stage it was too late to do anything about it and the only option was to pump it

• Advertisement

Cerbera wrote: »
    The shuttering concrete in the basement wasn't done properly, it wasn't sealed, but the building was almost completed before it was realised and at that stage it was too late to do anything about it and the only option was to pump it

Your source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

lollsangel wrote: »
    Your source for that?

Timmy Ryan and Tommy Malony.

Two great men for de ol bit a de chat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

That famous Russian runner, Two Mile Boris:D

Cerbera wrote: »
    lollsangel wrote: »
    Your source for that?

A reliable source, someone who was at one of the meetings where it was discussed

I'm guessing by the way you asked that you may have some connection with the previous / new owner so that's as much as I'm saying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Sale agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭anfieldrd

All the best to the new owner, owners of the anner and munster hotel living within two miles of each other. Hope its a successful venture for both.

Advertisement