Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's one from left field

Options
  • 29-03-2014 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I'm about to paint and decorate a nursery room for my Granddaughter who won't be here for a couple of months yet.
    Before i paint the walls i'd love to write a message for her ....that she can show her friends on her Iphone equivelant in 20 years time.....This is assuming i won't be around ........What message would you leave to a grandchild you may not know as an adult ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Dear Grandchild,

Roger Verbal Kint is Keyser Soze. Nah, I'm only codding you, it's the lawyer Kobayashe who is Keyser Soze. There are differing schools of thought on the subject.
    However, this much is certain, Hank gets killed in Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

you may not be a tech head or whatever but how about you photograph the message and email it to an account you create especially for your grandchild like this
    give to her for her 18th birthday or whatever!!! Im assuming the internet will still be around when you want him/her to see the message but iPhones might be gone we will have a microchip or an implant in our eye displaying a screen or something...Coming soon the iPhone 48s

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭feet of flame

How about this, cant help you with the content but the message will be delivered on whatever date you want
    http://www.futureme.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd write something to show her how excited you all are about her arrival. Show her she is wanted and loved . Maybe add a few lines from a poem which expresses how you feel?
    Scaldy Ned wrote: »
    I'm about to paint and decorate a nursery room for my Granddaughter who won't be here for a couple of months yet.
    Before i paint the walls i'd love to write a message for her ....that she can show her friends on her Iphone equivelant in 20 years time.....This is assuming i won't be around ........What message would you leave to a grandchild you may not know as an adult ?

Advertisement