Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET web dev - current salary levels

Options
  • 29-03-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,732 ✭✭✭✭

Assuming 8 years+ of coding experience in .NET web/mobile development (VB/C# - Webforms and MVC) and SQL Server etc what sort of salary level would one expect to ask for in Dublin these days (roughly)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

mrcheez wrote: »
    Assuming 8 years+ of coding experience in .NET web/mobile development (VB/C# - Webforms and MVC) and SQL Server etc what sort of salary level would one expect to ask for in Dublin these days (roughly)?

65-70k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Giving a number isn't easy, it comes down to what you know and what you have done. I say this because I've interviewed people with 8 years experience who couldn't answer basic questions. It would be better to detail your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Giblet wrote: »
    Giving a number isn't easy, it comes down to what you know and what you have done. I say this because I've interviewed people with 8 years experience who couldn't answer basic questions. It would be better to detail your experience.

So true, I recently worked with a developer who had been writing Java for 9 years. They produced code that I would scold a first year undergrad for producing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,732 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Giblet wrote: »

But then you wouldn't hire them, my question is based on assuming the person is "hireable" and has passed the requisite code quality standards and has had constructive experience over the 8 year period.

So a range is what I'm looking for:

[lower range] = has sufficient skills that would be expected after 8 years

[higher range] = has excelled in certain areas and taken project lead roles etc

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

mrcheez wrote: »
    But then you wouldn't hire them, my question is based on assuming the person is "hireable" and has passed the requisite code quality standards and has had constructive experience over the 8 year period.

So a range is what I'm looking for:

[lower range] = has sufficient skills that would be expected after 8 years

[higher range] = has excelled in certain areas and taken project lead roles etc

Thanks!

Its a pretty ambiguous question, however circa 70k if forced to put a number on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Higher range would be circa 80k, lower range could be 40k.
    Someone on 80k would have to have a wealth of experience and knowledge, but you wouldn't say no to someone who would take 40k and is just decent. 80k is someone who would work as a technical architect and have worked on every stage of a project. I would also expect they know the CLR inside out, and their patterns and practices like the back of their hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,732 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Perfect thanks

Advertisement