Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can l add milk to cream??

Options
  • 29-03-2014 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

gonna make my mother a banoffee pie for tomorrow, thing is I'm 50g short for cream...could l add some milk to make more cream?? lt prob sounds stupid...its just lm no where near a shop for the weekend

or is there anything else besides adding milk?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, milk doesn't have the fat content needed to whip, and it'll just thin out the cream and make a mess. Assuming it's just whipped cream for the topping, use what you have and spread it out a little thinner.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm making my mam a banoffee too so I was thinking about this, and if possible.... Build your base up in height a little rather than spreading it out so you have what looks like a smaller banoffee but you'll have more depth? Im feeding 6 so I'm making a big one but if you don't have a big crowd you could try that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l would like to have plenty of cream on it cause the base it v rich...l guess il just have to find a way to a shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Make less base? Depending on how many you're making for, you could reduce the thickness of the biscuit and caramel to compensate...

Advertisement