Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway or Cork - for work & living

• 29-03-2014 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hii! Im 21year old girl from Sweden. I will move to Ireland this summer. But my question is, where is it eaiser to get a job do you think? Where it is greater to live in for a foreigner? :)
    Galway or Cork or somwhere els? :)

I lived in Ireland last year for 3months and I really loved it. But I just stayed in that small village so I know that I want to move back but dont know where. And I want to to live in a city this time. Meet alot of friendly people! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

cork cork cork cork cork cork cork cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can ask in Nordics forum, to see if there are Scandinavians around Cork and Galway.
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=265

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evelu

biko wrote: »
    You can ask in Nordics forum, to see if there are Scandinavians around Cork and Galway.

Im tired of meeting swedish people!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

I'm from Dublin, so I guess you could call me 'unbiased'.

I think both are lovely, maybe Galway would have more seasonal summer jobs as it's more touristy - lots of tour buses going to Connemara, Aran Islands etc.... but Cork would have some too. I also lived in Cork a few summers ago, and accommodation was incredibly cheap up around College Road which is where all UCC students live during term time, I'm sure you'd find similar near NUIG.

Cork and Galway are both beautiful, no matter which you pick I don't think you'll regret it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

evelu wrote: »

wow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

evelu wrote: »

Both are good cities to live in, and both have majestic scenery very close to them.

Galway is probably more tourist dependent while Cork has a thriving pharmaceutical industry and also does well on tourism score.

Both would be excellent choices.

Which ever you choose, make it your busy to discover countryside whether by foot bike or whatever.

Enjoy and welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evelu

biko wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

It rains more in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

The cultural aspect is a little different... Galway has a more artsy vibe, lots of small festivals and the town centre is small, concentrated and pretty.
    Cork has more big events like operas/ballet, jazz festival and the town centre is a little more spread out. It depends what you prefer really. I loved living in both. I miss the opera and jazz festival in Cork though. However, I like wondering the streets of Galway more.

Advertisement