Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant ignoring rent increase letters

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Underpaying rent by 17.5% is grand though?

Who underpays?

The landlord and the tenant agree a rent in adavance...does the tenant feel it's thier right to reduce the amount they have to pay or is it only the perogative of the LL to change the rates?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

Underpaying rent by 17.5% is grand though?

They're paying the same rate that was originally agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Rents reduced to the amount people had to pay! This was a small percentage below what was available before and now rents are increasing to an enormous rate because landlords have seen money signs flash before their eyes.

Rents reduced to what people would pay. They will now increase to what people will pay. That is how a market works.

Landlords are completely entitled to get the rent the property can demand. You should be looking at the government if you want to apportion blame for the lack of supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Rents reduced to the amount people had to pay! This was a small percentage below what was available before and now rents are increasing to an enormous rate because landlords have seen money signs flash before their eyes.

Incorrect. Most landlords have mortgages and mortgages have increased massively. It's not all a profit making 'game'

They're paying the same rate that was originally agreed.

So what?

• Advertisement

chopper6 wrote: »
    Who underpays?

The landlord and the tenant agree a rent in adavance...does the tenant feel it's thier right to reduce the amount they have to pay or is it only the perogative of the LL to change the rates?

I have several times stated quite clearly that both landlord and tenant have a right to review the rent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Incorrect. Most landlords have mortgages and mortgages have increased massively. It's not all a profit making 'game'

No they havnt,i have an ECB tracker and my mortage has fallen by 300 per month in five years.

If the OP is referencing Daft for rental prices then she is mistaken. There is often a large difference between the asking price and the one that rent is agreed on. Just because some loon has a similar property up for €1200 and its now let, doesn't mean the tenants are paying it.

If the increase is incorrect then the tenant can dispute it.

chopper6 wrote: »
    No they havnt,i have an ECB tracker and my mortage has fallen by 300 per month in five years.

One post where a guy says his mortgage has reduced.

That has changed my outlook hugely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Folks as the OP has resolved their issue the Mods have decided to close this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

Rents reduced to what people would pay. They will now increase to what people will pay. That is how a market works.

Landlords are completely entitled to get the rent the property can demand. You should be looking at the government if you want to apportion blame for the lack of supply.

Rents barely went down and now they're increasing hugely in Dublin, the government can't take all the blame for that. Landlords see the money signs and are screwing people over as they know they have no choice but to pay the overpriced rates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement