Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mf 4235 brakes

• 29-03-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

FROSTY KK posted a problem re mf4235 brakes in 698 brakes thread he is new to boards can anyone help him or move his thread to new thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

It's a ferguson, therefore, the best advice re brakes, for the owner of any Ferguson, is never tow an unbraked heavy trailer - they won't take the strain, they dissolve/break up and contaminate the oil, leading to hydraulic pump failure and a big bill. . Same goes for any oil immersed braked tractor.

On the specifics of fixing 4235 brakes, someone else will have specifics, but on the towing warning - heed it, or you'll have a big bill. You'll notice an above average number of queries here on MF brakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I was wondering why that was, been a recurring theme recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

101sean wrote: »
    I was wondering why that was, been a recurring theme recently!

We did the brakes on a 3080 there a week or two back - again, it was towing an unbraked low-loader - that was the cause - the symptoms were poor brakes and intermittent non-functioning steering/lift etc. Basically, because the brakes share a home with the hydraulic oil, when your brake lining gets stripped through over-stress, they contaminate the oil which then effes the pumps. The cure, new brakes, pumps, filters etc is neither quick nor cheap. A braked trailer makes a lot of sense..another early symptom is claggy solenoids under the cab - again, brake residue queering the pitch. And there's two pumps.. The symptoms only kick off when the oil is warm btw - might all function grand when cool - but a pressure gauge on the pump output after a good fast drive to warm the oil will tell a different story - pressures will be way down and problems evident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

It's a ferguson, therefore, the best advice re brakes, for the owner of any Ferguson, is never tow an unbraked heavy trailer - they won't take the strain, they dissolve/break up and contaminate the oil, leading to hydraulic pump failure and a big bill. . Same goes for any oil immersed braked tractor.On the specifics of fixing 4235 brakes, someone else will have specifics, but on the towing warning - heed it, or you'll have a big bill. You'll notice an above average number of queries here on MF brakes...

I must admit first off of being biased as i never liked 3080 anyway thought they were some office designer's idea of a new tractor to replace 300 series. cab with electrics and a body with 399 type engine fired in,some changed gearbox's to sort them,etc. the 300 series are ok towing loads across fields, as one would describe normal farm-work with routine complete servicing .
    excessive low loader and dumper work without proper service, destroys all rear ends ,power shifts, brakes ets. and there are loads of tractors still in storage for sale after dumper work during celtic tiger construction era,nearly every site had diggers & dumpers hauled by tractors with teenagers driving the living daylights out of them and no servicing just trade and buy new, i know of tractors around 100hp less than 18 months old purchased in excess of €30k that failed simple shuttle type change from forward to reverse the first time used for agitating ,slurry spreading and one in particular that was moving round bales off field. and rear-ends told story when opened and none of those were ferguson, not makers fault i stress just the treatment by first owner.

Advertisement