Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda Ride On - Clean Deck or Not?

• 29-03-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello All

I bought a 2007 Honda ride on lawnmower - its in very good condition - deck looks perfect - different engine though - there is a Briggs & straton 12hp in it now - previous engine sized due to no oil I believe.
    My question is whats the procedure with cleaning the deck after mowing. The owner told me not to clean the decking at all, he said he never cleaned it and it looks spotless - i have heard other people say to clean deck every time - others say clean it after first cut or others say clean if after last cut.
    Any definitive advise would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭blackbox

I have a Husqvarna and the manufacturer recommends cleaning after every use. My previous mower was a 2nd hand Simplicity and I didn't clean it's deck and it rotted away.
    I suggest that you check on line for an owner's manual and follow its recommendations. I would be surprised if it doesn't tell you to clean it as the grass juice can be acidic and corrosive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Personally I would clean it after every cut, most new mowers have a hose connection on the deck. The acid in the cut grass will cause rust, just don't use a powerhose or anything that will cause the paint to come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

As said acid will eat the deck although the place my uncle works has a Kubota about 15 years old and probably gets cleaned once a year and it's perfect..
    I sprayed mine with underbody sealer and just hose every few weeks

Advertisement