Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topsoil

• 29-03-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Did a bit of work in the garden yesterday, made a strip of about 2 metres long by .5 metre wide. Going to put shrubs and flowers there. Question is I've a barrow load and a half of topsoil. It's covered in grass. Should I store this (plenty of space) or is it any good for anything? It's covered in grass as it stands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I would never get rid of good topsoil. You can use it for making potting composts etc. cover it with black plastic to kill off the grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I would never get rid of good topsoil. You can use it for making potting composts etc. cover it with black plastic to kill off the grass.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Perfect, thanks for the reply. I'll pop it into black sacks. I'll have lots of use for it over the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

You're really better to leave it on open ground and cover it but if you have to put in bags then punch drainage and ventilation holes, otherwise you could end up with moss covered mud.

Advertisement