Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Woes continues , is it the end of playstation as we know it ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And the second part was addressing when you mentioned linking PS consoles as being revolutionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And the second part was addressing when you mentioned linking PS consoles as being revolutionary.

Ahh. You should have quoted that in your response. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No problem. I'm going to leave this before we both get to snarky over misunderstandings! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

You tried to make the point that Sony had to go back to a redesign for the controller because Ninty brought one out on their controller. The Coleco Vision Had a thumbstick in the early 80s (the truly ground braking console that ninty emulated for the Nes... just go and check out the hardware add on's for the time) .

So you're saying that over year after the Nintendo 64 was released with an analogue stick controller, Sony coincidentally decided to go and copy the Colecovision thumb stick and upgrade it to be analogue? It seems a little more far fetched than just saying Sony saw analogue sticks worked really well in 3D games and upgraded their controller to do the same.
    The reference to the thumbsticks was to point out that there was nothing revolutionary about Ninty on the N64..

But I never said there was anything revolutionary about the N64. You said Sony were years ahead of Nintendo at the time, so I posed the question, if they were so far ahead then why did they only add analogue sticks (a fundamental part of 3D console gaming) after Nintendo did it?

Advertisement