Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow they're bringing out a new album!

Options
  • 29-03-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Actually they're not sorry, but in fantasy land they definitely are!

Just for fun who would you most like to hear was bringing out a new album. It can be any artist who's ever previously released an album.

I won't reveal my wish just now. Be cool if someone else has the same wish! Maybe if enough of us have the same wish it might happen! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wha'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

This is how it happened...

Now friends again, Dave Glimour and Roger Waters after a few beers together on Daves boat decide to have a bit of a jam together. Dave loves the lyrics Roger is coming out with and Roger can't believe how well Dave can still play the guitar. Nick Mason, who happens to be in London, decides to visit Dave, only to find these two laughing and giggling like two naughty schoolboys and a peculiar odour in the air.
    "Niiickyyy!!" they chorus together, "Come in, sit down, have a beer"
    "Listen to this Nicky" says Dave, "Listen to what we have just been doing".
    And after ...4 they start.
    Nick can't believe his eyes, nor his ears, "is this really happening" he thinks to himself, "If only Richard was here to see, and hear, this".
    Shifting in his chair he reaches around and presses the button marked Record on the mixing desk and all the studio mics go live and the VU meters burst into life.
    Then, in his own inimitable way, he starts tapping on a basic set of skins set up in the corner.
    Eyes closed, calm, each following each other and the magic flows.
    It was a night of long noodling sessions, lots of laughter, chat and a few tears for absent friends.
    The next day Nicky confessed to having recorded the entire affair and when they looked at the desk there was over six hours showing on the clock, at least half of it music.
    Listening back over it they agreed on the best bits and within weeks they were in the studio polishing it up and re-working some sections. Dave had several hours of recordings that Richard had been working on before he passed away, and with some ingenious technology they were able to incorporate quite a bit into what they were doing.
    And its finished, album cover is a bare room with a guitar leaning against a piano and a zippo lighter on top of the piano beside the guitar.
    I, and a few others, have heard the finished product, its pure magic, a classic.
    Enjoy it, because this is the last one.
    Its Pink Floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I wish the remnants of the Byrds would give us another album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Birneybau wrote: »
    Wha'?

Thought I was pretty clear?

Any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

I would love if there was some proper hidden Nirvana album unearthed, completely hypothetical and impossible though. I remember reading an interesting Rolling Stone interview with Kurt before where he said he would've liked their next one to be a little more acoustic-based. If only :(

Also, a second La's album would be cool. Again, highly unlikely. I actually think it's an interesting thread, even if the OP was phrased a little weirdly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Led Zeppelin!

I know its impossible and yes I know the drummer is dead but his son seems pretty good, go watch the gig from London in 2007.

Id love another Oasis album. Their last album, Dig Out Your Soul was excellent I thought and the brothers have been putting out some good stuff in the meantime.

I wish Muse would put out a good album! Does that count?? Its been a while since we've got a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

K.Flyer wrote: »
    This is how it happened...

Now friends again, Dave Glimour and Roger Waters after a few beers together on Daves boat decide to have a bit of a jam together. Dave loves the lyrics Roger is coming out with and Roger can't believe how well Dave can still play the guitar. Nick Mason, who happens to be in London, decides to visit Dave, only to find these two laughing and giggling like two naughty schoolboys and a peculiar odour in the air.
    "Niiickyyy!!" they chorus together, "Come in, sit down, have a beer"
    "Listen to this Nicky" says Dave, "Listen to what we have just been doing".
    And after ...4 they start.
    Nick can't believe his eyes, nor his ears, "is this really happening" he thinks to himself, "If only Richard was here to see, and hear, this".
    Shifting in his chair he reaches around and presses the button marked Record on the mixing desk and all the studio mics go live and the VU meters burst into life.
    Then, in his own inimitable way, he starts tapping on a basic set of skins set up in the corner.
    Eyes closed, calm, each following each other and the magic flows.
    It was a night of long noodling sessions, lots of laughter, chat and a few tears for absent friends.
    The next day Nicky confessed to having recorded the entire affair and when they looked at the desk there was over six hours showing on the clock, at least half of it music.
    Listening back over it they agreed on the best bits and within weeks they were in the studio polishing it up and re-working some sections. Dave had several hours of recordings that Richard had been working on before he passed away, and with some ingenious technology they were able to incorporate quite a bit into what they were doing.
    And its finished, album cover is a bare room with a guitar leaning against a piano and a zippo lighter on top of the piano beside the guitar.
    I, and a few others, have heard the finished product, its pure magic, a classic.
    Enjoy it, because this is the last one.
    Its Pink Floyd.

They could still really do it too, Andy Brown took over halfway through the Wall tour in 1980/81 as Rick's stand in keyboardist, piano player so he could basically relearn key Floyd tracks through the history. One section of the show dealing with Pompeii/Obscured Floyd 1969 - 1972 and the other half a mixture of stuff from the 1970s and 1980s up to the Final Cut. They could make a day of it with their respective solo outfits too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Site Banned Posts: 10 Hibs Hearts run FR33

Oasis

They had two good albums, released a few not so great ones, then came good again, then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

the wrens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Beethoven's really been slacking off. Maybe an e.p from him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'd die a happy man if the Mars Volta gave us one more glimpse at greatness. Rumors abound that this is actually a pretty real possibility, at least that they'll play few more shows anyway, I can only hope. Best fucking band of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Talking Heads

Pavement

The Stone Roses

Only if the albums were any good thou!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

They could still really do it too, Andy Brown took over halfway through the Wall tour in 1980/81 as Rick's stand in keyboardist, piano player so he could basically relearn key Floyd tracks through the history. One section of the show dealing with Pompeii/Obscured Floyd 1969 - 1972 and the other half a mixture of stuff from the 1970s and 1980s up to the Final Cut. They could make a day of it with their respective solo outfits too.
    I dont think Andy Bown would have the credentials really to stand in for Richard.
    He was only Roger Waters doppelganger in the surrogate band during The Wall tour (Richard completed the full tour and he was the only member of the band to actually make money from it) and had a small part on The Final Cut album after Richard had left.
    Jon Carin would probably be the most likely candidate for the part having a wealth of Pink Floyd experience and having played quite often with both David and Roger.
    But nobody can ever replace that essence of Richard, which has contributed to some of Pink Floyd's greatest moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

The Floyd thing is a nice idea, but it'll never happen. Why? Gilmour. He doesn't want to do it. Last time out was right before his "On An Island" came out, so he didn't want to interfere with that. But also because he was hurt enough the last time by Roger Waters, and wouldn't want to go through it again. He even said the Live 8 thing was a slog, even though they were "getting on". Shame, as it is too late now, no matter what he thinks about it (though not too late for a Wright-less Floyd to reform).

In 2014 the Stone Roses release a surprise new album on their own label, full of joyous, uplifting, danceable, chiming psychedelic guitar rock. In ways, it betters their debut!

Ride reform and release a new album. I can't see why this shouldn't happen. MBV did to rapturous applause. Slowdive, a band everyone hated back in the day (I know, I was there), are now darlings of the festival circuit and online bloggers who claim to have loved them all along, since they reformed. The time is right for Ride to come back, play "Nowhere" in its entirety, and then record and release a "Nowhere"-esque new album. No more Beady Eye BS for our Andy.

The original, Acid Jazz-era line up of Jamiroquai reform and give us a new album, 64 minutes of jazz-funk noodling and politically charged lyrics.

The original Dire Straits line up reforms and plays their first two albums in concert, then release a back-to-basics gritty pub rock guitar album.

Would've preferred a Pixies album with Kim Deal, but there you go.

Also in my list would've always been the Velvet Underground, but they never got around to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

The cheeky girls

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Kate Bush
    Sonic Youth
    The Stone Roses

Talking Heads

Pavement

The Stone Roses

Only if the albums were any good thou!

And the Beta Band

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The White Stripes?? I know Jack White is still great but its not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Mine is SOAD and hopefully it will happen seems to be just Serj not committing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Suas11 wrote: »
    Kate Bush
    Sonic Youth
    The Stone Roses

Kate Bush released an album last year called 50 Words for Snow.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Kate Bush released an album last year called 50 Words for Snow.

That came out in 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I would love to hear what kind of album The Smiths could put out if the were together now. Wouldn't fail to be interesting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Abba?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Se1251an

The strokes

I would love to hear what kind of album The Smiths could put out if the were together now. Wouldn't fail to be interesting anyway.

I dunno, i love the Smiths but if ever there was a band of a 'time and place' it was the Smiths. From day one the seemed to have a momentum and focus that would be hard to live up to now or recreate.

I'd die a happy man if the Mars Volta gave us one more glimpse at greatness. Rumors abound that this is actually a pretty real possibility, at least that they'll play few more shows anyway, I can only hope. Best fucking band of all time.

Smashing http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/flea-and-former-mars-volta-members-form-new-group-antemasque-20140409

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

If only Rory Gallagher were alive!

If he restored his health(Drank less), He would have a good number of albums containing his magistic music.
    Anyhow I wished he could do the acoustic album he wanted to do(Wheels Within Wheels makes up though)

If only Rory Gallagher were alive!

If he restored his health(Drank less), He would have a good number of albums containing his magistic music.
    Anyhow I wished he could do the acoustic album he wanted to do(Wheels Within Wheels makes up though)

This show was on rte a while back. Some of his best work IMO. Well worth a gander!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

Hell yes!

'Too much alcohol' from that show is absolutely amazing.Also Going to my hometown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,059 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Auldloon wrote: »
    Mine is SOAD and hopefully it will happen seems to be just Serj not committing.
    SOAD ...i know they are huge.....but to me they do not get near enough recognition

Advertisement