Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of qualifying jobs to emmigrate to Canada??

Options
  • 29-03-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered... if so I can't find it and Google is a nightmare of visa companies!!

My sister lives there already for the last year and I am considering going to join her but need to know if my profession qualifies me to find a job and get a work permit as she won't get PR for another year or two probably...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

If you are intending to apply to the IEC visa, no particular expertise is required. Just that you're: Irish, 18-36 & not a criminal. :)
    Check out the FAQ for questions, nearly every possible question & answer has been dealt with in either the: FAQ thread, or either of the Stage 1 and Stage 2 IEC threads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

iPink wrote: »
    Apologies in advance if this has already been covered... if so I can't find it and Google is a nightmare of visa companies!!

My sister lives there already for the last year and I am considering going to join her but need to know if my profession qualifies me to find a job and get a work permit as she won't get PR for another year or two probably...

Thanks in advance

What's your profession?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

GrumPy wrote: »
    If you are intending to apply to the IEC visa, no particular expertise is required. Just that you're: Irish, 18-36 & not a criminal. :)
    Check out the FAQ for questions, nearly every possible question & answer has been dealt with in either the: FAQ thread, or either of the Stage 1 and Stage 2 IEC threads. :)

Thanks for this Grumpy... Unfortunately I don't fit into the age category for the IEC visa so am trying to find an alternative!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

What's your profession?

I am a counsellor....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Is it hard for plumbers to get a visa? I know that Canadian companies are looking for tradesmen out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

Few trades jobs going at the moment through USIT - prob worth a look https://www.usit.ie/jobs/canada

Advertisement