Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router with USB that i could attach a portable usb drive?

Options
  • 29-03-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I need to get a wifi router that has a usb socket that i could attach the likes of a 1tb portable with media on it for a project im about to do.

Any ideas on a cheapy router that would fulfill my needs?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Col.Kurtz

Access wrote: »
    I need to get a wifi router that has a usb socket that i could attach the likes of a 1tb portable with media on it for a project im about to do.

Any ideas on a cheapy router that would fulfill my needs?

Cheers.

Hi, I recently signed up to vodafone @home and got their router,
    a huawei echo life. It can take an external drive with some tinkering in the router settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Col.Kurtz wrote: »
    Hi, I recently signed up to vodafone @home and got their router,
    a huawei echo life. It can take an external drive with some tinkering in the router settings.

Thanks for the tip, but just need a router that will take an external drive without having to spend time adjusting settings/tinkering around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

http://www.donedeal.ie/computeraccessories-for-sale/vodafone-hg556a-broadband-router/6637376 is asking eur20 in Cork

edit:I don't think there's any tinkering needed, but it might only like FAT32. It will take 2 USB drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Cheers for the linky, but that might be a problem, as i would need to be able to use a router that could stream media from a fat32 and/or a NTFS external drive.

Any other routers i should be looking at that would have usb?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Access wrote: »
    Cheers for the linky, but that might be a problem, as i would need to be able to use a router that could stream media from a fat32 and/or a NTFS external drive.

Any other routers i should be looking at that would have usb?

Hi I am selling one that I used for exact same thing .

• Advertisement
Advertisement