Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Chinese takeaway ever...

Options
  • 29-03-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Got a Chinese takeaway in the rainbow chinese in thomastown,

Starters were fine, but the chicken curry and crispy chicken satay were the pits

More like chicken with the mildest curry flavour I have ever had:mad:..

And the crispy ch. satay should be more like soggy ch. satay! :mad:

Plus the chicken in both dishes in my opinion was not chicken more like the stuff in cheap chicken nuggets...soft...no texture...bland...flavourless....:mad:

Needless to say we won't be going there again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

pegasus1 wrote: »

Needless to say we won't be going there again...

So instead you'll just come onto an internet forum and bitch about it instead of addressing it with the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    So instead you'll just come onto an internet forum and bitch about it instead of addressing it with the restaurant.

I already did as in gave a complaint to the woman on the front counter by phone, but it fell on deaf ears hence why I am on here...:rolleyes:

sugarman wrote: »
    Why order a curry from a Chinese then?

<mod snip of unsubstantiated accusation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Heard the old chinese shut down?
    Shame because I actually liked that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

<snip>

Aren't you the charmer, you've just insulted 1.4 billion people, I wonder why your complaint fell on deaf ears :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

oak5548 wrote: »
    Heard the old chinese shut down?
    Shame because I actually liked that place.

Think you're right about it closing as It was a great Chinese before...last few times recently not great at all...just getting worse each time...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

sugarman wrote: »
    Why order a curry from a Chinese then?

Why not? They could be Malaysian Chinese.....the Malaysian's love their curries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

One of my favorite dishes is Japanese curry and who associates curry with Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

I use Rainbows the odd time. Definitely not the worst I've been to in Kilkenny

earlytobed wrote: »
    I use Rainbows the odd time. Definitely not the worst I've been to in Kilkenny

Next time you go, tell me what you think..;)

Forgot to mention the chicken curry portion is smaller than the crispy ch. satay portion...strange that too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Plus the chicken in both dishes in my opinion was not chicken more like the stuff in cheap chicken nuggets...soft...no texture...bland...flavourless....:mad:

Tbh, the above could apply to every purveyor of industrially processed catering chicken in the country - i.e. most Chinese & Indian takeaways.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Tbh, the above could apply to every purveyor of industrially processed catering chicken in the country - i.e. most Chinese & Indian takeaways.

Every other Chinese takeaway I've been to including the one above before this, had better textured chicken. Like you know it's chicken you're eating!
    My oh only ate a few forkfuls, and was very hungry...

By industrially processed you mean mechanically stripped off the bone..even including the bone itself...and made to look like chicken itself?

Advertisement