Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spark.

Options
  • 29-03-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

I had one sparks tell me that 'no he definitely couldnt put a socket into a downstairs toilet'.(.it has a small sink and a toilet bowl.).and another who said 'its definitely ok to install an extra socket in the same room..I know it cant be done in a bathroom for obvious reasons but whos correct in the above scenario?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

i don't think there's any problem with it

never fitted one though

I'd have no problem doing it as a layperson. whistling.gif
    Anything with an outdoor rating would suffice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

If there is no shower or bath in the room (as is the case in this example I would think) I can not see why it should be treated any differently to a kitchen or utility room (as they all have sinks).

Maudi, what do you intend to plug into this socket?
    The reason I ask is that it would be preferable to install a spur outlet in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

2011 wrote: »
    If there is no shower or bath in the room (as is the case in this example I would think) I can not see why it should be treated any differently to a kitchen or utility room (as they all have sinks).

The reason I ask is that it would be preferable to install a spur outlet in my opinion.

Id be using it for hoover or say the car vac charger..and I thought a spur would be the way to go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

2011 wrote: »

Id be using it for hoover or say the car vac charger..and I thought a spur would be the way to go too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Maudi wrote: »

By a spur outlet I mean one of these:

MKK0377.JPG

These are used for permanently connected devices.
    So in your case I would suggest an ordinary socket outlet.

Would it not suit better to have a socket outside of this room for a vacuum cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kh2017

if you have a large downstairs loo and sink can you put a socket in the room for a washing machine / tumble dryer? ive seen some where socket is up high on the wall?

Advertisement