Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich UCL Q/F 1/4/'14 K/O 19.45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I am pie wrote: »
    Wellbeck isn't in Sturridge's league. He simply does nothing as well as Sturridge

correct, Welbeck is in the Champions League, Sturridge isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Munich are terrible.

Welbeck needed a cool head there. Crazy to try and chip it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's a bang of Arsenal at their most over-elaborate in front of goal, from Bayern tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bayern are a fairly uninspiring up front tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Liam O wrote: »
    What are you on about?

What are you having trouble understanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

RayCon wrote: »
    In fairness he's an all round better footballer than Sturridge though

Its Aprail fools ain it because you can not be serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

One thing I'll give Welbeck is that he's easily been one of Man U's best players so far. I'm been impressed.

Pity he can't finish for a centre forward though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Unreal these tactics from Moyes. Hoof and hope like a match in the park on a Sunday actually no those lads in the park would try and play. They know they are allowed at least try and pass the ball to each other right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not a great first half. Best chance by far for United. All the bossing counts for nothing if you don't score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Brilliant from wellbeck for all the negativity on here we are well in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wellbecks a good player, if he could sort his finishing out he could be a great one

Ah stop talking sense. Not allowed in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Amazed that welbeck didn't take that around the left of the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

sky88 wrote: »
    How does wellbeck finish like he did in the first minute and then finish like that
    He had time to think about what to do with the second chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

A utd fan earlier this year tried to tell me wellbeck was a better striker than sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

United have got to be happy with that half. Wouldn't be suprised to see Lahm pushed to full back and Goetze on for Rafinha fairly early in the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Amazing, Liverpool fans manage to make this thread about Sturridge. Well done lads, another mission accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Should be a rule that you cant blow up for halftime/fulltime when its a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Don't worry those roles will be reversed soon enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Decent preformances so far. The negative mindset was bound to come good eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Lets see how that pans out for you next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Brilliant from wellbeck for all the negativity on here we are well in this.

pm29.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What is with Liverpool fans and this forum?

Bizarre.

Not too bad for United, i'd be happy enough with that first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Amazing, Liverpool fans manage to make this thread about Sturridge. Well done lads, another mission accomplished.

Whole of twitter is the same. God love em, they need attention from somewhere.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Utd have to be happy with that, all things considered. At least there is a bit of fight and desire to them for a change, although I suspect that is in spite of Moyes rather than because of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

While I respect him as a manager, Pep Guardiola sides bore the fcukin tits off me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Man United being taught a lesson here guys. Bayern have tip-tapped their way to a 0-0 draw at half time and don't even look like the team most likely to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

why? when time is up time is up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You have to entertain yourself somehow when your team isn't in the Champions League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

SantryRed wrote: »
    Pity he can't finish for a centre forward though

Pretty formidable scoring record this season. For a 3rd/4th choice he's great.

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Unreal these tactics from Moyes. Hoof and hope like a match in the park on a Sunday actually no those lads in the park would try and play. They know they are allowed at least try and pass the ball to each other right?

They are trying at time, but when you see Danny wellbeck up front 1v1 you use his pace that's not a brain dead tactic it's a good one.

United are trying to pass they simply don't have the personal on the pitch to keep it, it's that simple really, if anything the tactics have worked superbly with us having the only clear cut chance of the game. But yea bash Moyes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm starting to think that guy was right Wellbeck is the better all round footballer and Gerrard isn't fit to lace Fellaini boots holding Bayern at bay like this.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What is with Liverpool fans and this forum?

Bizarre.

Not too bad for United, i'd be happy enough with that first half.

Generalistions are cool too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why should that be a rule? Go on, enlighten me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

The parallels with the '99 final are uncanny, Bayern running rings, taking the piss out of United but with no real end product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just responding to post saying webeck is better than sturridge blame the poster not the one laughing at him

Bayern with all the posession but doing fcuk all with it.

Utd with the best chance.

If I was a Utd fan I'd be delighted with that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

There's definitely something to be taken from this game for Utd, they've rode the storm the first half, long way to go yet though!

Timmyctc wrote: »
    You have to entertain yourself somehow when your team isn't in the Champions League

I think Liverpool fans are secretly United ones, they spend more time talking about us in our threads than they do in theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

What do we win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

5starpool wrote: »
    Utd have to be happy with that, all things considered. At least there is a bit of fight and desire to them for a change, although I suspect that is in spite of Moyes rather than because of.

Nail on head. Tactics are... Well non existent from Utd, apart from get men behind the ball and launch it forward when you have it, as it has been for most of the season but for once the players are showing a bit of fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Still think Welbeck's goal should have stood. Nothing wrong with it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Generalistions are cool too :)

Yes indeed they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

RayCon wrote: »
    In fairness he's an all round better footballer than Sturridge though
    Unlucky there from the all round better player.
    A utd fan earlier this year tried to tell me wellbeck was a better striker than sturridge
    I am pie wrote: »
    Lets see how that pans out for you next year...

I'm starting to think that guy was right Wellbeck is the better all round footballer and Gerrard isn't fit to lace Fellaini boots holding Bayern at bay like this.

FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

All bayern there so like the old barca it's crazy. But God we could of had the lead in the end there.

All I can say is thank **** for David De Gea he has been our most consistent player this season few years he will be one of the best if not the best keeper around if he keeps improving like he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

This is a bit like a bad Barcelona performance from Bayern, loads of possession, but doing feck all with it. Very poor from them so far imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Great chance for United to do Bayern here at home. Bayern are there for the taking on the break if United can soak up the pressure.

Bayern have alot of possession without really threatening anything. In attacking areas Bayern are a little bit lacking, Muller is not a Guardiola type player, Ribery can blow hot and cold.

Goetze will make a huge difference mind. Lahm in midfield from the start is a sign of Guardiola showing respect for United's abilities. He needs to let the handbrake off

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Guardiola will push Lahm out further on the wing and Schweinsteiger into the center more.

expect a goal to come down the middle second half.

/checks odds for Schweinsteiger goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Eight Ball wrote: »
    The parallels with the '99 final are uncanny, Bayern running rings, taking the piss out of United but with no real end product.

That's where the parallels end. United had scores of world class players in 99. This lot have the composure of a new born lamb.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Timmyctc wrote: »

I agree, as Bayern are a very entertaing team to watch.

Next year kido, and you's won't.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement