Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich UCL Q/F 1/4/'14 K/O 19.45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barca er Bayern must be working on the belief that Utd will tank at about 75 mins and they'll knock two late goals in to seal the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Still think Welbeck's goal should have stood. Nothing wrong with it.

High foot. Them the rules simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still think Welbeck's goal should have stood. Nothing wrong with it.

Whistle had already gone when he took the shot so Bayern had stopped playing.

He would/should have been better burying it later on rather than trying to be clever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liam O wrote: »
    Amazing, Liverpool fans manage to make this thread about Sturridge. Well done lads, another mission accomplished.

Who pissed in your cornflakes. Utd are drawing with the best team in Europe and all your doing is moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I think Liverpool fans are secretly United ones, they spend more time talking about us in our threads than they do in theirs.

What a thoroughly original and witty observation. Next time you should also use the words obsessed and deluded for a few extra thanks from other United fans.

Munich pretty poor productivity for all their possession. United atrocious but still in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

have rte got some dub junkie in doing the analysis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

jamaamaj wrote: »
    I agree, as Bayern are a very entertaing team to watch.

Next year kido, and you's won't.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Buttner has been very good considering Giggs hasn't done any covering on that side and just strolled around. Been the worst United player by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bayern with all the posession but doing fcuk all with it.

Utd with the best chance.

If I was a Utd fan I'd be delighted with that tbh

As a Liverpool fan, I have to say that I agree that you would be delighted with that, if in fact you were a united fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

it's on TV3 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Utd are employing tactics that have worked in the past against big teams. You have to take your chances though and I'm not sure Utd have the players to do that as Well beck showed.

Also. Fellaini is shockingly bad. He's even terrible in the air!

Liam O wrote: »
    Buttner has been very good considering Giggs hasn't done any covering on that side and just strolled around. Been the worst United player by far.

Fell has been much worse than Giggs. Giggs needs to be linking defence and attack. All our good chances Giggs is the link.

it's on TV3 :rolleyes:

o sorry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mike65 wrote: »
    Barca er Bayern must be working on the belief that Utd will tank at about 75 mins and they'll knock two late goals in to seal the deal.

Yeah, not sure the likes of Ferdinand and Vidic can keep this up for 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's this bloke:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need a goal to really knock Bayern, we can't keep this defending up for another 45

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Tony Kroos looks like some player. Fellaini is having a decent game by his own standards but Kroos is knocking so many Scholesesque amazing passes around, would love to see him playing for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

What? The Voice is on RTE for me? I was watching on ITV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Generalistions are cool too :)

As is taking everything at it's literal meaning.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

anyone else sick of that Gazprom ad?

• Advertisement

Fell has been much worse than Giggs. Giggs needs to be linking defence and attack. All our good chances Giggs is the link.

I agree, Giggs is the only united player who can make something happen, hes the last player we should be taking off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Milkers wrote: »
    What a thoroughly original and witty observation. Next time you should also use the words obsessed and deluded for a few extra thanks from other United fans.

Munich pretty poor productivity for all their possession. United atrocious but still in it.

Cool story, but as you can see from the quotes earlier the thread is rife with people stirring it, you know that old "smoke, fire" etc don't know if it will resonate with you but I hope it does as you don't seem like the normal deluded and obsessed Liverpool fan in here.

Hope that suffices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

EF wrote: »
    Tony Kroos looks like some player. Fellaini is having a decent game by his own standards but Kroos is knocking so many Scholesesque amazing passes around, would love to see him playing for United.

Really? By far the poorest Bayern player so far IMO, a couple of shocking crosses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

EF wrote: »
    Fellaini is having a decent game by his own standards

Hes lost the ball so many times from Bayern pressing, needs to offload it faster. Such a shame Wellbeck missed that chance, the chip was going wide too

This.
    This
    1000000x this. That ****ing song drives me mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Gazprom are taking over the world. One fart at a time.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

daRobot wrote: »
    While I respect him as a manager, Pep Guardiola sides bore the fcukin tits off me.

Are you serious? The footbal he has teams playing is an absolute joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

0-0 would be fantastic for utd bayern lots of possession but not hurting utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,984 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought that the Wellbeck effort just shows what his big problem is. Earlier in the night he put one in the net to Neuer's left and he was thinking about that when he had the opportunity to score later in the half. He should have tried to hit it the same way and not think about it so much. I think he has been the best player on the pitch tonight.

Overall United are doing a decent job pressuring the Bayern player in possession. I think Chicarito is made for this game and I'd expect to see him introduced after an hour or so. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nani too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Utd have every chance to nick a goal here. Bayern have no cutting edge at all for all their nice build up play and look exposed on the break.

They not playing great tonight , final ball isn't there .

• Advertisement

yes its basically Putin laughing at Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mandzukic would have been more clinical I think.

This.
    This
    1000000x this. That ****ing song drives me mad.

First they take Crimea.... Now TV?

NOT THE TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can see Robben tripping on his laces a few times in the second half the longer it stays 0-0

nullzero wrote: »
    Gazprom are taking over the world. One fart at a time.

The guy doing the voiceover on the ad sounds like theres a gun to his head :pac:

I can see Robben tripping on his laces a few times in the second have the longer it stays 0-0

I have it on good information that there is a sniper setting up on top of the Old Trafford roof in preparation for the second half desperation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Only EvilKagawa can save us now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Wouldn't mind see Kagawa for Giggs and Fletch for Fellaini, not expecting any changes at half time the way things are going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Although his Barca, and now Bayern side, always dominate possession, it is becoming a stat that is getting slightly annoying.

At the end of the day, Utd have had the best chance of the game. Stats mean sweet FA, goals matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

YEAHHH KAGAWAAAAA

Kagawa for Giggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

viper006 wrote: »
    They not playing great tonight , final ball isn't there .
    Rubbish.

They're playing very well. Only thing missing is a goal.

And they could have conceded one or two themselves.

They're a superb team but like all teams in any sport, overrated to a stupid degree by fans and media.

bayern now 4/5 on betfair, might be worth throwing a few grand on them now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

KAGAWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

One thing is evident, if United played with this commitment all season then they no where near the league position they find themselves in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Kagawa on for giggs! Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

sh__93 wrote: »
    Are you serious? The footbal he has teams playing is an absolute joy to watch.

I assume its the constant passing in front of the box. It's nice to watch, but it does get boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Wahaaaay. Play -a- maka!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

All we need is SHINJI KAGAWA

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

A positive move form Moyes, interesting! Kagawa could be essential for creating a chance when united break.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement