Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich UCL Q/F 1/4/'14 K/O 19.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

5starpool wrote: »
    Silly needless challenge from Schwiensteiger.

This. Go sliding in like that when on a yellow and it will lead to trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good result for United but that away goal for Bayern absolutely crucial.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

well they didnt get destroyed. something to carry into the next game. they seem to be getting better.... (well the past week anyway)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Decent result for United. I'd very much expect Bayern to put them away next week though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

e826e6ac7ba581909dc5be89a955ac0b-everything-went-better-than-expected.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

United have probably given themselves as a good a chance now as they could have hoped, under this season's circumstances. Next leg will be extremely interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Bayern were made to be poor by Uniteds defending ;) Fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sorry right decision definite yellow didn't get the ball regardless of rooneys dive
    I don't think it was a dive, he was going to go down no matter what but managed to jump enough to protect his legs from any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Delighted! Plenty to fight for in the away game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Bayern look like they have taken a step back under Pep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done Utd, a moral victory.

Bayern needed plan C or maybe just plan B from the start, surely they'd have known Moyes would park the bus as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

dive? made the most of it but I'd love to see you stay on your feet if you had your legs taken from under you

Lol he went down like he was shot. How anyone can defend him is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Ref bottled it big time tonight.

Lets Valencia away on that horrific tackle who was already on a yellow.

Then Rooney Dives and he sends off Schweinsteginer.

Great result for Utd tbf.

Tie still alive.

Bayern are certainly not the incredible team everyone is talking about. Can be beaten this year for sure

Barr wrote: »

How many times have you watched them this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

WHAT THE F**K WERE THE FANS THINKING ,THROWING STUFF AT THE END OF THE GAME ,F**KING IDIOTS..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

BMMachine wrote: »
    well they didnt get destroyed. something to carry into the next game. they seem to be getting better.... (well the past week anyway)

When has pepes team ever destroyed a English side in England? Never

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Based on 1 game? They won the league at a canter and are still fairly big favourites to go through in this tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

syngindub wrote: »
    Utd being given a lesson in playing football. embarressing

Just quoting you again because you look very silly now

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    WHAT THE F**K WERE THE FANS THINKING ,THROWING STUFF AT THE END OF THE GAME ,F**KING IDIOTS..

??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very good result all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Nah united have just taken 10 steps forward under Moyes.

When has pepes team ever destroyed a English side in England? Never

This. Guardiola teams are always set up very differently away from home in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Delighted with that performance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bayern very poor tonight.

Whilst I wasn't expecting any of the 4-0/5-0 stuff pre match as I think this side is overhyped, it's hard to believe they are so feared in Europe.

Game suited Moyes' setup, it would also suit Hodgson in the group in the World Cup and why they should get out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bayern are certainly not the incredible team everyone is talking about. Can be beaten this year for sure

yeah but not by us, if we can't beat them at OT what chance do we have in Germany

??

I think he means they were allowing Neuer to waste time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Ref bottled it big time tonight.

Lets Valencia away on that horrific tackle who was already on a yellow.

Then Rooney Dives and he sends off Schweinsteginer.
    This is ridiculous. On first sight it looked like Valencia slipped and he got the ball with his knee anyways before there was any contact. How on earth do you call that a horrific tackle?

Even then it wasn't a bad tackle by any stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

fgen9ajvf.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

andyman wrote: »
    Just quoting you again because you look very silly now

It was relevant in the first half. Bayern were the better sideband united couldn't hold onto possession at all

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

If fellaini wasn't so ****e united could have won that.

Im calling it, jupps bayern were better and more entertaining, if their nearest rivals dortmund werent so ravaged by injuries the league wouldn't have been as easy/sewn up so early.

A good result and game plan for moyes but ultra ultra defensive football only goes so far, should be an interesting 2nd leg. Martinez and schweinsteiger will miss out meaning dante and gotze probably come in, what a crisis for them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

The Liverpool fans posting here in a clear ABU fashion are embarrassing themselves big time.

Its just funny, and sad, mainly sad, with a bit of funny.

Dude, delete this before you get banned chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

They are a very good team but play in a poor League, not their fault but it does flatter them really. I think the English teams have chosen up the weaknesses of Bayern. But they are still a great side.

Utd played very well and deserved a draw, but it amazes me how Ashley Young is playing for Man utd, useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I think he means they were allowing Neuer to waste time.

Thank you ,saves me the ink...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

Rooney did what any intelligent player would do.He dragged his leg over Schweinsteiger. He was on a yellow so he should know better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

The Liverpool fans posting here in a clear ABU fashion are embarrassing themselves big time.

Its just funny, and sad, mainly sad, with a bit of funny.

A bigger problem is you can't say anything anymore you get the usual "liverpool fan"
    I comment on the game how I see if being a liverpool fan has no bearing on it I actually backed utd tonight thought 6/1 was too big
    I thought utd played well special mention to Ferdinand and vidic also thought carrick had a solid game
    Thought rooney had a stinker

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

Saw an ugly side of United tonight I think. Some of the posters here getting very touchy too, had that been Suarez at that play-acting opinions would be radically different.

A good result for them though, kept Bayern at bay. Really I think Valencia should have walked and Schweinsteiger stayed though, ref bottled those two decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Barca have their name on the trophy anyway.

done deal.

Hopefully that keeps Moyes in a job for another season

yeah but not by us, if we can't beat them at OT what chance do we have in Germany

Arsenal beat them away last season
    City beat them away this season

They are obviously still big favourites but not unbeatable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Very pleased with that result. There was a lot of effort put in without the ball and Utd put together a few chances on the counter. Moyes got it right with his gameplan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

klose wrote: »
    If fellaini wasn't so ****e united could have won that.

Im calling it, jupps bayern were better and more entertaining, if their nearest rivals dortmund werent so ravaged by injuries the league wouldn't have been as easy/sewn up so early.

A good result and game plan for moyes but ultra ultra defensive football only goes so far, should be an interesting 2nd leg. Martinez and schweinsteiger will miss out meaning dante and gotze probably come in, what a crisis for them :pac:

If Fellaini wasn't so Sh1te; the preface of many statements regarding united this.season

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Sorry right decision definite yellow didn't get the ball regardless of rooneys dive

Except for the fact that he clearly got the ball first (@0:16)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bayern were poor by their standards but they'll still be happy with that result. A draw in the away leg with an away goal is always a good result in European football and you have to believe they'll be a much better side in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Looper007 wrote: »
    They are a very good team but play in a poor League, not their fault but it does flatter them really. I think the English teams have chosen up the weaknesses of Bayern. But they are still a great side.

Utd played very well and deserved a draw, but it amazes me how Ashley Young is playing for Man utd, useless.

Is that you, Rupert? Don't worry, we're not getting the channels out.

That defending from Fellaini, good god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Pool fan here.
    I thought United played well and certainly deserved the draw. If they performed with that level of spirit every game they'd surely be in a better position than now.

Bayern were definitely disappointing and are a far less entertaining side than they were last year. I wouldn't be too upset to see United progress at their expense (as long as they don't win the bloody thing :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

fair play to united - good performance, surprised me.

shame to see Basti Fantasti getting sent off, his tackle was clean and he got the ball. Rooneys dive was lame.

A bigger problem is you can't say anything anymore you get the usual "liverpool fan"
    I comment on the game how I see if being a liverpool fan has no bearing on it I actually backed utd tonight thought 6/1 was too big
    I thought utd played well special mention to Ferdinand and vidic also thought carrick had a solid game
    Thought rooney had a stinker

I'm not saying all Liverpool fans, just the ones who are clearly posting in an ABU fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Except for the fact that he clearly got the ball first (@0:16)

Thats Rooney Hitting the ball, you know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement