Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Barbers

Options
  • 29-03-2014 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

I saw there was a previous thread about this, but its getting old at this stage and seems there's a rule on boards about zombie threads- besides I wouldn't mind some fresh perspectives as places can change (for better or worse) over the years.

So the chap I have being going to reliably for decades now is moving county to follow his kids and grandkids so I'm going to be looking for a new barber.... now, lets not start a row about this (as happened over in tGC) Im not looking for a 5euro special buzzcut type place. I'm looking for someone/somewhere decent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

The Works at Market Square are great I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Blade FX on Clanbrassil St. Pat and Tommy are two of the soundest lads you'll meet in the town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Which part of Im not "looking for a 5euro special buzzcut type place" did you not get

You would be lucky to get in the door of The Works or Blade FX for €5

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Does the price of a haircut vary much from barber to barber?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I think 10 would be the general price.

14 in the marshes

• Advertisement

14 euro is expensive for a haircut.
    10 where I go - Tony Hande.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Oasis Barbers across from the demense is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

James__10 wrote: »
    Oasis Barbers across from the demense is very good.

I was actually thinking about this place. Its practically on the corner at the traffic lights isnt it, just up a door or two from the t-shirt printing place? Whats it like anyway? Is it a busy type of place, or would you get in handy enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

Tony Hande.

Where is he based?

BillyBoy13 wrote: »
    Where is he based?

Chapel St. at the turn into Yorke St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

BillyBoy13 wrote: »
    I was actually thinking about this place. Its practically on the corner at the traffic lights isnt it, just up a door or two from the t-shirt printing place? Whats it like anyway? Is it a busy type of place, or would you get in handy enough?

Yup thats the place.

Very good imo they really take there time unlike some of the other barbers mentioned in this thread. All depends really when you go. During the week I wouldn't imagine it would be too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

If you want a simple bloke's cut (12 Euro) and a bit of banter you could do worse than Andrew McCrave on Anne St., beside The Wee House. I've been going to him for nearly 20 years now.

mod9maple wrote: »
    If you want a simple bloke's cut (12 Euro) and a bit of banter you could do worse than Andrew McCrave on Anne St., beside The Wee House. I've been going to him for nearly 20 years now.

12 euro is too expensive for the haircut he gives. I used to go to him but he's too expensive by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Sound fella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

12 euro is too expensive for the haircut he gives. I used to go to him but he's too expensive by far.

The guy has to make a living.

I go every 6-8 weeks, and to me the price is fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

10 and 12 euro seems to be quite normal and I certainly wouldn't consider it expensive for a proper haircut.

The guy has to make a living.

I go every 6-8 weeks, and to me the price is fair.

That's ok.
    I don't think its fair and he is no better than any other barber. I've tried them all. I get tea and biscuits now while i'm waiting too which is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hugo boy

the best barbers in Dundalk by far the works barbers at the sq chap who Owns it I think is very good. Going to him for 9 years around 10€ if I have my son with me he gives wee bit of discount for two. I think they do that for every one I can't ask for more

Advertisement