Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lens adaptors for a bridge camera?

Options
  • 29-03-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I recently got a Fujifilm S4800 and while unfortunately I know I can't change the lens on it, I just read about lens adaptors and was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to get one for this model?

I also read that push on lenses are actually crap but I'd love to get a macro or fish eye lens so I'd still like to try it if possible. If I'm able to get one and it ends up looking rubbish, so be it.

I'm completely new to photography so I'm learning as I go, any help or advice is very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

You need an adaptor tube which screws over the lens itself and then you can add any 58mm conversion lenses, however I used a wide angle and 2x tele and was not that impressed TBH due to the amount of cropping needed on the wide angle to get a useful shot and the tele was genuienly only useful in really bright sunlight.

BUT don't be put off by some of the push on macro lenses the raynox DCR-250 for example is an awesome conversion lens - it does look kinda weird in use, but the glass is what matters. Theres a ton of reviews on it.

Advertisement