Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite "chooooone" link to music forum in op

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

thebaz wrote: »
    been around videos all my life - even worked on few small ones - can't believe no one mentioned Nirvana -

Greatest video I know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

If I wasn't a techno-fool, I would have posted that too. Ah Ha and this were my first thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Ah, would ya look at that... all the old people with their music videos!

So adorable... I love old people!! :pac:

A quick trip to YouTube indicates they haven't gone away. Just not as good as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Or like the sad stories in TLCs video Waterfalls

hasn't aged too bad.. just the water model effects

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Has to be this cracker. Just as memorable as 'Thriller' for a fraction of the budget. One of the highlights of the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Kinda hypnotic....when you start to think how they made it......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

It's Thriller.
    Thread should be what is the second best music video....after Thriller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Always like this:

The guy that made this video makes mental stuff:

I love this video as it was suppose to be groundbreaking at the time but looks pure tack now! One of my favourite songs though.

Loved this when I was a teenager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Apocalypse Now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭XsApollo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

It's Thriller.
    Thread should be what is the second best music video....after Thriller

It probably is. I remember when I was a kid, about 8 or 9 and my mam had it on video and she said "watch this, you will love it"! I thought it was like a film :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

jamesbere wrote: »

If i had to choose from Goodfellas, it would be this scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Lorelli! wrote: »
    It probably is. I remember when I was a kid, about 8 or 9 and my mam had it on video and she said "watch this, you will love it"! I thought it was like a film :)

I can still remember my first time seeing Thriller back when MTV still showed music videos. It always seemed to go above what you'd expect from a music video, more so into the realm of a short-movie. In fairness, during that era, before all the controversy which came out years later, Jackson was ahead of his time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's interesting to see that 90% of the videos on here are from the 80's and 90's because that's when they made great music and videos before the iGeneration stopped watching music vids

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Don't know what the hell they were ingesting when came up with the concept for this video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Lorelli! wrote: »

No, its FGTH's Relax - pure decadence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Radiohead's video for just is pretty fun (the first time) although street spirit is strangely beautiful.
    Weezer's Buddy Holly is also quite cool.
    Still, best video ever has to be gnr.
    November rain is fantastic but estranged is my favourite of the hyper-produced ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

There's loads from many different genres but this video is very emotive for me for some reason.

Loved all the hyper flashy hip hop videos from the late 90s through to the mid noughties too.

snowflaker wrote: »
    No, its FGTH's Relax - pure decadence

It's another good music video :) it was banned right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

thebaz wrote: »
    been around videos all my life - even worked on few small ones - can't believe no one mentioned Nirvana -

Greatest video I know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg
    That literally just popped into my head right before I read your comment. What a game changer that song was. Just completely obliterated hair metal almost immediately. Moments in music just don't happen like that anymore.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I can still remember my first time seeing Thriller back when MTV still showed music videos. It always seemed to go above what you'd expect from a music video, more so into the realm of a short-movie. In fairness, during that era, before all the controversy which came out years later, Jackson was ahead of his time

My mam put it on and I can vividly remember my brother kept looking at me and back at the video for my reaction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Amazing trilogy. Amongst the most expensive music videos ever and won awards for best cinematography

Slash is God

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The only music video that could beat this:

Would be this:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 23,753 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

One of the most iconic scenes in movie history -

I couldn't decide between that, and this -

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Greatest chase scene that doesn't involve cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I've always loved the scene in 500 Days of Summer after Joseph Gordon Levitt's character finally sleeps with Zooey Deschanel's character. The next morning, he's so full of carnal bliss, he stars in his own dance number to the strains of Hall & Oates' 'You Make my Dreams Come True'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement