Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> Cork

Options
  • 30-03-2014 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Posted originally on Facebook to <SNIP> Page.

I visited your Cork office with a cracked screen on my Nokia Lumia 820 after dropping it on the footpath. Collected my phone once repaired and handed over my €65. Two days later, the screen cracks again while in my pocket. Before this, I noticed the screen also had a purple tint to it but I thought it was because I didn't turn on my phone for a while after collection. I returned it to the store for repair and I was advised that the repair would be free. A few days later, I received a phone call with an estimate of €65 for the repair.

I had that phone for a year and nothing has gone wrong with it until I brought it to you for repair. It was obvious that the repair wasn't completed properly due to it cracking two days after collection, in my pocket, with no force applied to crack the screen.

I've contacted the store and the staff have been nothing but unhelpful and won't listen to my story. I've also left a voicemail and sent an email but have not heard anything back as of yet. Even when I quoted your terms and conditions which are posted on your website, section 2.6:
    2.6 Our out of warranty/chargeable repairs are guaranteed for 90 days from the date the Equipment is ready for collection. If the same fault should re-occur we will repair if free of charge. If the Equipment develops an additional fault unrelated to the original repair, the repair warranty contained in this paragraph will not apply. All warranty repairs are subject to manufacturers warranty dates.

It is obvious that the damage is related to the first chargeable repair.
    I would like a full refund or a free repair but at this point I would just like my money back. This is getting beyond ridiculous. My phone is still in the store so I would like this resolved ASAP!

I posted this on Facebook on their page. My post was since deleted, marked as spam and I can no longer post to their page.

Best course of action?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I don't see how you can convince the shop that the failure of the replacement screen is their fault when you yourself broke the original screen. IMO, unless there is any history of the screens for that model suddenly breaking without reason, then the chances are it got broken while in your pocket. Sh1t happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

get a screen cover and stop blaming someone else for your mistakes.

how is it "obvious the damage is related to the first repair"

It was in your pocket, out of your sight, obviously with no screen protection and it broke again. Surely you learnt from the first breakage to get a screen cover?

But, instead of damning yourself, you want to bad mouth a business?

I'll assume you are young and not very knowledgeable about laws of libel / slander, so here's some free advice. Unless you have ABSOLUTE proof of wrongdoing by someone / a company, you do not ever ever ever name them, especially considering that they have your contact details.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Screens don't just crack while phones are left sitting on tables,

The phone would need to experience a fall or pressure applied to the screen, the fact you say it broke in your pocket heavily points towards you applying pressure to the screen perhaps while sitting down or you may have hit your pocket off of something (I once hit my pocket off the corner of a desk and broke a phone screen, for example)

It isn't at all obvious that the cracked screen is related to the first repair like you seem to believe, if anything a unbiased unrelated third party would think that you managed to crack the screen by sitting on your phone or something.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's not the same fault. It seems to be a new one. You broke it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

In response, I have a screen protector and a gel case around my phone so it was adequately protected.
    The phone was in my pocket while walking to college, the same trip I make every day. I did not sit on my phone or treat it any differently to cause it to crack again.
    I understand that it appears that I accidently damaged it again but it's a bit frustrating to have a screen to crack 2 days after collection without any just cause in my opinion due to the above reasoning.
    Yes I am young and I'm fully aware of the laws concerning slander/libel and I may have stepped over a line in relation to this and I apologise as such.
    Thank you for your responses, mods could you please close this thread. It's purpose have been achieved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement