Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

risk of Infection?

• 30-03-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I pierced my other ear and my wrist last night with a needle that hadnt been sterilised (dont ask), is there much risk of infection? like I have gotten hundreds of cuts with stanley blades while working that bled **** loads and were much deeper and
    them blades were dirty as hell, I dont see how a needle could be anymore dangerous if its at least visibly clean unlike those stanley blades.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Yes, there's a risk of infection. You may have sterilised the needle, but i doubt the environment was sterile.

Have you been using sea salt soaks?

Go to a professional next time for things like your wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

Yes, there's a risk of infection. You may have sterilised the needle, but i doubt the environment was sterile.

Have you been using sea salt soaks?

Go to a professional next time for things like your wrist.

no I didnt sterilize it! I know theres a risk but is there really that much of risk?
    thanks for the fast reply!

lb1997 wrote: »
    no I didnt sterilize it! I know theres a risk but is there really that much of risk?
    thanks for the fast reply!

In a place like your wrist, yeah.

Start doing sea salt soaks three times a day.

Tbh if you know so little about sterilisation and aftercare, combined with your age (I'm assuming you're 16/18 based on your username), you should stay the hell away from any body mods that aren't done by a professional.

Oops, just read that you DIDN'T sterilise the needle (I mis-read and thought you said you had sterilised it).

There's a huge risk of infection.

Oops, just read that you DIDN'T sterilise the needle (I mis-read and thought you said you had sterilised it).

There's a huge risk of infection.

but as i mentioned before i literally get hundreds of cuts with filthy stanley blades and the always heal up fine, is a deep cut any different to a piercing? OH and btw I
    just pierced it and then took it out, so its just a wound with no ring

• Advertisement

lb1997 wrote: »
    but as i mentioned before i literally get hundreds of cuts with filthy stanley blades and the always heal up fine, is a cut different to a piercing? OH and btw I
    just pierced it and then took it out, so its just a wound with no ring

If you took it straight out, you might be fine, but I'd still use sea salt soaks to prevent infection.

Ultimately, you deliberately stuck something with bacteria on it into your body. There's every chance you will develop an infection. Saying 'oh but I get cut with dirty blades' doesn't mean you won't get an infection from piercing yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Cutting yourself deeper then a wrist pricing with a Stanley blade? Surely you needed to go to the hospital for stitches after?

killanena wrote: »
    Cutting yourself deeper then a wrist pricing with a Stanley blade? Surely you needed to go to the hospital for stitches after?
    well this diy wrist piercing wasnt very deep, and the cuts with blades are more deep than long if you know what i mean

If you took it straight out, you might be fine, but I'd still use sea salt soaks to prevent infection.

Ultimately, you deliberately stuck something with bacteria on it into your body. There's every chance you will develop an infection. Saying 'oh but I get cut with dirty blades' doesn't mean you won't get an infection from piercing yourself.

im not saying i wont get infected cos i get cut with dirty blades frequently, im saying if its likely that i will get infected from this 1 piercing , surely my odds of getting infected from the blade accidents is super high but for some reason (luck..I guess) I never did:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Sandrutute

well it's 50-50 . IT all depends how you will look after it . Sometimes You get in pierced in a salon and it still get infected because you didn't clean your piercing or something like that. I advise you to use spirit or vodka to clean your piercings . or buy the solutions of the salon :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sandrutute wrote: »
    well it's 50-50 . IT all depends how you will look after it . Sometimes You get in pierced in a salon and it still get infected because you didn't clean your piercing or something like that. I advise you to use spirit or vodka to clean your piercings . or buy the solutions of the salon :))

Never do this.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sandrutute wrote: »
    . I advise you to use spirit or vodka to clean your piercings . or buy the solutions of the salon :))

Jesus no.

Vodka is for drinking.Preferably with redbull.

Don't know what type of spirits your talking about but I hope to god its not white spirits.

ok people i think i have the all clear now unless I have a blood born disease of some sort

Advertisement