Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet revolutio

Options
  • 30-03-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I read an article in the Irish Times recently about an American company that is working on some kind of process/product which will allow access to the WEB without underground cables etc. I can't find the article, did anybody else read it, do you remember the name of the company?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Mr Reese

http://www.ibtimes.com/introducing-outernet-free-worldwide-wi-fi-access-beamed-space-1556016

That it?

Or can you remember anymore about it, how they were gonna do it or something?

That's the only story along these lines that I can remember in the last while....and I read a hell of a lot of tech news.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Redshoestoo

Thanks for that link Mr. Reese. That sounds very interesting.
    That wasn't the article though. It appeared in the Irish Times. I don't have very much info. because I just scanned the article thinking to read it later, and then it must have got thrown out. It was probably in the business section of the Irish Times in February. I suppose I could do a search of the Irish Times for that time period.

Advertisement