Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black sabbath Soundgarden Faith no More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cant go, but crazy good lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So going over for this, Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead, Soulfly, Wolfmother and Hell, do not care about the ticket price and you are nearly guaranteed it will be a sunny day, it is such a shame we do not get shows like this over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

What chances FNM would do a gig in Ireland while they are at it??.... I haven't got the money to head to London but swore I would get my gig shoes on ONLY for a FNM gig. Delighted that they are back but devastated that it's in London. Hoping for news in the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I cant believe that this is on the same weekend as Sonisphere, which I have tickets for.
    Still I have to see this, what a savage line up. I think the tickets are 70 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Nea wrote: »
    I cant believe that this is on the same weekend as Sonisphere, which I have tickets for.
    Still I have to see this, what a savage line up. I think the tickets are 70 quid

Yeah £70 -excellent value I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just fcuk the Friday off Soni, it's only The Prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just fcuk the Friday off Soni, it's only The Prodigy

Yeah I will do but it does seem odd having a gig of this calibre the same time as a large rock festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah I will do but it does seem odd having a gig of this calibre the same time as a large rock festival

True that. Will definitely consider going if I'm around at the time. Though I wonder if they will slot in a Dublin date before this... could be a strong seller with Faith No More or Motörhead in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Gona be in London for Monty Python the same, definately gona stick around and head to this :)
    Was just thinking the other day how much I wanted to see Faith No More a few years back.
    Thought it might have been the last chance I'd get. I'll be on ticketmaster first thing Friday morning... keeping the fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

ah cheers! tickets in the bag! :)

Tickets sorted, out of curiosity how far outside London is Sonisphere taking place and how easy is it to get to?

Im at Rock Werchter this wend so just hoping Faith No More announce more dates as im sure they will but even though they are my favourite band this will be their 3rd tour and still no new music - a bit OTT i think.

Xenji wrote: »
    Tickets sorted, out of curiosity how far outside London is Sonisphere taking place and how easy is it to get to?

Its in Stevenage, so get the train from St Pancras. Tis nearly an hour, so its easy enough.

Hopefully FNM play here the Tuesday before so can see them.

Mushy wrote: »
    Its in Stevenage, so get the train from St Pancras. Tis nearly an hour, so its easy enough.

Hopefully FNM play here the Tuesday before so can see them.

Cheers, gonna go to the Saturday and the Sunday, shaping up to be a great weekend.

Xenji wrote: »
    Cheers, gonna go to the Saturday and the Sunday, shaping up to be a great weekend.

just read on download forums that there are trains from kings cross( thats where St Pancras is) to Knebworth at 23.05, 23.35, 00.35 and 01.35. Takes 33 minutes.

Mushy wrote: »
    just read on download forums that there are trains from kings cross( thats where St Pancras is) to Knebworth at 23.05, 23.35, 00.35 and 01.35. Takes 33 minutes.
    Thanks, lived in London for about 4 years and never got to Knebworth for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I see Andrew Stockdale went back to using the Wolfmother name, touring under the solo name mustn't have been working out for him possibly the solo tour (which inc. a date here) was pulled due to poor sales??

Heres what Mike Patton thinks of the band...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Brando_ie wrote: »
    What chances FNM would do a gig in Ireland while they are at it??.... I haven't got the money to head to London but swore I would get my gig shoes on ONLY for a FNM gig. Delighted that they are back but devastated that it's in London. Hoping for news in the next few days!

Reeeally hoping we get a FNM show too!!!! :D

Just hope Faith No More announce more gigs or may have to ditch going to werchter and instead head to London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Tickets in the bag.

Can't miss seeing Sabbath before they call it a day.
    Can't miss Faith No More in case they bugger off on hiatus again.
    Can't miss Motorhead after they blew me away in 2008 and Lemmy hasn't been well lately.

This should be a belter. First gig outside Ireland too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just hope Faith No More announce more gigs or may have to ditch going to werchter and instead head to London.
    Am going to Rock Wetchter too but really hope FNM plus others make it to Belgium the two days before or the day after!

ionapaul wrote: »
    Am going to Rock Wetchter too but really hope FNM plus others make it to Belgium the two days before or the day after!

Jesus Id book a new way home if FNM played belgium the day after RW. The night before would be better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Anyone know what the craic is with the pit at this thing, is it a first in the gates get a wristband job or is it a free-for-all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

nm wrote: »
    Anyone know what the craic is with the pit at this thing, is it a first in the gates get a wristband job or is it a free-for-all ?

Looking forward to this now! I'm also curious about the getting a pit pass. I hate being stuck down the back at these big gigs. I'd say I'll queue up early enough for it with a bag of cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

What a brilliant gig! Motorhead - Lemmy = legend. Faith No More - singalong madness. Soundgarden - Superunknown from start to finish. Black Sabbath - words are meaningless.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    What a brilliant gig! Motorhead - Lemmy = legend. Faith No More - singalong madness. Soundgarden - Superunknown from start to finish. Black Sabbath - words are meaningless.

Found Motorheads sounds to be very off, FnM were brilliant, Soundgarden were bland and were just going through the motions, Sabbath were awesome except for a ****load of pricks near the front, it is always the same with one day outdoor metal gigs, daytrippers ruin it, was at Sonisphere the day after and not one bit of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Motorhead
    I'm a huge fan, but I was a little disappointed. The guys put in the shift as usual, but for the first time, Lemmy looked like an old man. And he seemed to really be struggling at times. I don't know who was that tossball they brought on for Killed by Death, but the crowd did NOT like him one bit.

Faith No More
    Again a band I really like, but something about Mike Patton rubbed me the wrong way. It was almost like he was trolling the crowd. Great sound from the guys and a very good performance, but again I couldn't help but feel a little deflated.
    Also some bellend near me was trying to smash people up and being super aggressive. He spat at someone near me at some point and I knew if he did that with me, he'd be getting choked out. He smashed his way to the very front though.

SoundGarden

Didn't get to see them, was queueing for...

WolfMother
    Best band of the entire day. From the start to the finish, they absolutely BLEW THE CROWD AWAY.
    Sound was unbelievable - I'm talking note perfect from the studio versions. Flawless musicianship. The crowd were crazy too, moshing and stuff was fun but not dodgy and everyone looked after each other. Crowd also sang along to every song.
    If these guys hit Dublin, I'm there front and centre. Also, got a photo with lead singer Andrew Stockdale who wandered out to see Sabbath play :)

Black Sabbath
    Not the biggest Sabbath fan due to a lack of knowledge, but they did NOT seem like three lads in their 60's up there. Sounded terrific (I thought) and Ozzy gave the best that he can for a man of his age and condition. I was very impressed and enjoyed their performance a lot. Delighted I got to see them live, though a tad disappointed they didn't play any Ozzy stuff (which I know more of)

The gig overall was good, but reports say the organisation was a shambles and a load of the crowd had a bad experience. Things like speakers down the middle of the screens, or the barrier a lot of the crowd were behind (I got past it, happily) kept them at a huge distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Black Sabbath
    Not the biggest Sabbath fan due to a lack of knowledge, but they did NOT seem like three lads in their 60's up there. Sounded terrific (I thought) and Ozzy gave the best that he can for a man of his age and condition. I was very impressed and enjoyed their performance a lot. Delighted I got to see them live, though a tad disappointed they didn't play any Ozzy stuff (which I know more of)

Ummm, nope, sorry, you've lost me there....

• Advertisement
Advertisement