Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is BOI mastercard software system switched off at the weekends

Options
  • 30-03-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

How is it that we in an age of high technology and now that we are firmly within the 21st Century and also having landed robots on planet mars etc that BOI cannot process funds sent on friday from a BOI current account to a BOI mastercard (via online banking) until the following Monday late afternoon? 

This has happended on several occasions where I needed to book flights etc but have had no credit on my card due to havving to wait 3 - 4 days. Again this weekend.

I look forward to hearing a thorough detailed answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi medikate

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Just to mention, payments to a Bank of Ireland Credit Card using Bank of Ireland 365 can only transact on banking days.

There is also a cut off time for transfers of 3.30 pm on banking day.

You can also see more information on time frames here

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the transfer time frames. As always, we appreciate feedback and suggestions from all our customers here on Boards. 

Thank you for posting,

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 35 medikate

Hi medikate

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Just to mention, payments to a Bank of Ireland Credit Card using Bank of Ireland 365 can only transact on banking days.

There is also a cut off time for transfers of 3.30 pm on banking day.

You can also see more information on time frames here

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the transfer time frames. As always, we appreciate feedback and suggestions from all our customers here on Boards. 

Thank you for posting,

Alison
    Hi Alison

Thanks for getting back. vauge answer as it doesnt explain why when everything nowadays is technolgy/software based that people have to wait half a week for a transfer to process (within the same bank and from the same account may I add)....is the BOI computer system turned off when the last person leaves on the friday?

Another question... why is it when I just checked my account now at 12.15pm on Monday the funds still havent gone through? We are now more than half way through the "following working day" (3 days later)

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi medikate[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please be assured the funds will credit by close of business today if the transfer was made before 3.30 pm on Friday. We do hope the credit shows shortly for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi medikate[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please be assured the funds will credit by close of business today if the transfer was made before 3.30 pm on Friday. We do hope the credit shows shortly for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]
    Hi Alison

thanks again. I sent through the payment to cover the full amount (as I do each month) on the credit card around midday on Friday 28th.
    my payment due date is 29th. (Saturday just gone)
    Will I incurr the interest as the payment still hasn't gone through or will BOI see that I paid it a day before the 29th

Hi medikate

As we have no account access here, we would advise you to call Bank of Ireland 365 and a representative can look into this in more detail here for you and also check if interest charges may apply. This can depend if the transfer was made before or after the cut off time. 

Our representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am -12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 9am -6pm

Our contact numbers are 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000. 

Many Thanks

Alison

• Advertisement

Hi Alison

Quick update. I just checked my account so I could finally book those flights I mentioned as you confirmed the credit will be there by the end of business today.
    The credit still hasnt gone through.

<snip>

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Medikate, keep your posts on topic and polite or I will have no choice but to close this thread. There is no need for the snotty attitude towards reps and we will not tolerate it in this forum or any other.

Do not respond to this message on thread, *if* you want to discuss it, PM me.

Advertisement